[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sounds very much like the Russians. They are cutting off a retreat/escape route for their Army as Ukrainian forces are putting the Kherson region under increased pressure. Apparently a fuel tank on a train has caught fire on the bridge. Sounds exactly like Russian sabotage to me.

That should boost the morale and fighting spirit of his commanders and troops on the wrong side of the bridge :rolleyes:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
About time they starting obeying the No Smoking signs I reckon...

4 Videos. Click tweet for all and further down in comments. A brilliant trolling happy birthday video from Ukraine national security Council head. (Posted below)

[tweet]1578648409241972736[/tweet]

[tweet]1578636142055870464[/tweet]

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
d925faf764fc33a67f930b31e8c19494.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]1578633077269860352[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1578660503311613953[/tweet]

Ukrainian post office releases commemorative stamps to mark the destruction of the bridge. I’ve been to Ukraine twice and didn’t realise how funny they were at the time

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[tweet]1578660503311613953[/tweet]

Ukrainian post office releases commemorative stamps to mark the destruction of the bridge. I’ve been to Ukraine twice and didn’t realise how funny they were at the time

I don't get it? Are these old stamps and what do they mean?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Crimean parliamentary speaker Vladimir Kontantinov has blamed it on “Ukrainian vandals”.

Writing on Telegram, he said: "In the 23 years that they were in charge, they did not manage to build anything worthy of attention in Crimea, but they have managed to damage the Russian bridge.

“This is the whole essence of the Kyiv regime and of the Ukrainian state. Death and destruction is the only thing they can do."

Konstantinov added that damage to the Crimean bridge "will be promptly restored, since it is not of a serious nature
".

Yes mate - get Checkatrade in, should be all good by next week, unless that tricky plumbing job in Worthing goes a bit pear shaped... :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Crimean parliamentary speaker Vladimir Kontantinov has blamed it on “Ukrainian vandals”.

Writing on Telegram, he said: "In the 23 years that they were in charge, they did not manage to build anything worthy of attention in Crimea, but they have managed to damage the Russian bridge.

“This is the whole essence of the Kyiv regime and of the Ukrainian state. Death and destruction is the only thing they can do."

Konstantinov added that damage to the Crimean bridge "will be promptly restored, since it is not of a serious nature
".

Yes mate - get Checkatrade in, should be all good by next week, unless that tricky plumbing job in Worthing goes a bit pear shaped... :lolol:
The road sections will take weeks/months. The rail section looks like it could be repaired in a few days. Maybe a bit longer if the guys that would normally do the work have been mobilised, or gone on holiday to Kazakhstan.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Sounds very much like the Russians. They are cutting off a retreat/escape route for their Army as Ukrainian forces are putting the Kherson region under increased pressure. Apparently a fuel tank on a train has caught fire on the bridge. Sounds exactly like Russian sabotage to me.

It did catch fire accidentally, due to the bombs that went off on the road section.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The road sections will take weeks/months. The rail section looks like it could be repaired in a few days. Maybe a bit longer if the guys that would normally do the work have been mobilised, or gone on holiday to Kazakhstan.

That pesky rail section, clearly another dropped fag end required...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

That bridge is of vital strategic importance to the Russians - it is a direct supply line from Russia into Crimea, where they are staging all of their attacks on southern Ukraine. The Russians blowing up that bridge would be akin to them blowing all their own legs off. It has completely banjo'd their ability to move troops and supplies into Crimea.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shame.

[tweet]1578631195679916033[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Better images of the damage in daylight

[tweet]1578638416194912256[/tweet]

That railway bridge looks structurally compromised to my untrained eye, seems to have bowed? Even if the deck is fine that railway will be utterly screwed, will need a complete stripping back and relaying plus likely full resignalling. That’ll take at least a month given the staff and equipment (if it’s even available) isn’t there ready to go.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh they're not repairing that railway bridge in a few days. It's bowing badly, just getting the existing train off it will be a challenge.

And that assumes Ukraine don't hit it again, which presumably they can. How much money would you want to be spending all day every day on that bridge?

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Yeh they're not repairing that railway bridge in a few days. It's bowing badly, just getting the existing train off it will be a challenge.

And that assumes Ukraine don't hit it again, which presumably they can. How much money would you want to be spending all day every day on that bridge?

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

Expect pleas on Russian state TV for money to rebuild the bridge, so that Russia can send equipment to the troops (also the subject of an ongoing plea for money).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports