[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If that tw@ hadn't invaded, we wouldn't be losing our manager

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just talking about this!

Almost definitely us losing Potter to Chelsea is an indirect consequence of Putin invading Ukraine.

If he hadn't, Abramovich not sanctioned, Almost certainly still chairman, and whilst he may have fired Tuchel by now, he wouldn't have gone for Potter or Potter to work for him.

Only because Putin invaded, Abramovich sanctioned, forced to sell Chelsea, Boehly being nest bid and now him firing Tuchel and wanting GP, he's gone.

It's Putins fault.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We may be about to appoint the best manager we have ever had, I won't be thanking Putin if we do.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Look. We're all gutted about losing our manager. But these poor people are losing their lives, their loved ones, and if one inadequate megolomaniac gets his way, their country.

In my view, we should keep our sense of perspective and keep the manager talk on one of the myriad of existing threads

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Look. We're all gutted about losing our manager. But these poor people are losing their lives, their loved ones, and if one inadequate megolomaniac gets his way, their country.
We do know that, and we're not making light of it.

In my view, we should keep our sense of perspective and keep the manager talk on one of the myriad of existing threads
Putin's war is also responsible for the extra cost of energy in this country, rising inflation and the recession we're entering. It's nothing like what the people of Ukraine face, but it's still relevant to the war and could be mentioned here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sounds like the offensive around Kherson was partially a diversion. while that had media attention, there was a quieter yet large offensive in the north near Kharkiv. very successfull, taken several towns.
i wonder if they'll tag team, push in the south now while focus is elsewhere.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We do know that, and we're not making light of it.

Putin's war is also responsible for the extra cost of energy in this country, rising inflation and the recession we're entering. It's nothing like what the people of Ukraine face, but it's still relevant to the war and could be mentioned here.

Just a bit of gallows humour Trig. I gave you a thumbs up.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
sounds like the offensive around Kherson was partially a diversion. while that had media attention, there was a quieter yet large offensive in the north near Kharkiv. very successfull, taken several towns.

Looks like they are close to cutting off Izyum.

Reports of fighting in the centre of Izium, of Russians fleeing and leaving all their gear behind.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing

The bullies getting a bloody nose and legging it, what’s not to like?

I've also heard one of the biggest problems Ukraine has now is what to do with all the POW's they're capturing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports