Russia given "suspended disqualification" from Euro 2016

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I'm not so sure. Their politicians have encouraged them, & there's no love lost between Slovakia & Russia. How do you call off the hounds once you've unleashed them?

Maybe. I can't see it being much of a deterant though. These are brain dead thugs.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From what I have read the average monthly wage is below £400, it does make you wonder.

Are not some Ultras funded by the clubs who are in turn funded by the government ?

I am sure I read that three Russian teams sent their best ultras 50 per team equates to the 150 mentioned.

Just a question

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No it's different. They have been found guilty and disqualified, the sentence has been suspended and will only be enforced should there be another breach.
Yeah, that's basically the same though - they already warned England and Russia that if there's any more violence, we'll be sent home. Nothing has changed. If either of us have more problems with violence in a stadium, then we could be sent home, right?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I like this quote ..."Maybe it was wrong what we did," Alexei admitted. "But if people shout insults, they have to be ready to pay for that." > There is clearly no word for Bants in Russian ....

Capture.JPG

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not if the state are paying the leaders of the gangs who then pay for everyone else knowing that they would cause chaos in France

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...016-russian-fa-alexander-shprygin-nazi-salute

A notorious far-right activist who has been photographed giving a Nazi salute is travelling with the official Russian FA delegation at Euro 2016 and was in Marseille at the weekend as clashes erupted between Russian and English fans.

Anti-racism groups have raised serious concerns over the fact that Alexander Shprygin apparently holds official accreditation with the Russia team’s entourage at the tournament. He also joined a Russian delegation that toured France’s host cities in March.

Amid the fallout from the weekend’s violence in Marseille, which has led to Russia and England being warned they could be kicked out of the tournament, the organisation employed by Uefa to monitor racism within stadiums has identified Shprygin as one of the leading figures in introducing neo-Nazi views and practices to the Russian supporter scene since the late 1990s.

Shprygin is considered by the Fare network, which provides official observers at matches for Uefa and Fifa, to be a leading light in Russia’s network of extreme-right ultra fan groups. Piara Powar, the network’s executive director, said that the presence of Shprygin within the official party raised wider concerns about “the apparent nexus of high-level politicians, far-right leaders and extreme nationalism” in Russian football ahead of the 2018 World Cup that will be hosted in the country.

Their government ministers openly and brazenly congratulate and endorse the violence, and the Russian FA actually have a known neo-Nazi thug on their payroll touring France with them.

You couldn't make it up.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think we are giving these Russian imbeciles to much credit regarding the state etc,they are just pure and simply mindless thugs whose sole purpose in life is to hurt people they dont like as they have no other interest in life,it is not just English fans or Uk citizens it is humanity in general they dislike and the consensus of opinion I have found while travelling be it work or pleasure is the Russians are universally loathed by every race and country ,and the only people they get on with is themselves.Their country is a hotbed of bigoted neanderthals who have a chip on their shoulder regarding the rest of the world dating back decads and now because their wealth and situation has changed they have become richer bigoted neanderthals who are able to travel.....Nobody can accuse me of generalizing.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
If you watch RT news then it is obvious that Moscow is pro Brexit .

Bad news from the Euro Championships and a sense of injustice during the run up to the vote could sway some voters .

Would put it past the Russian government to have a hand in the actions of their supporters .

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
If you watch RT news then it is obvious that Moscow is pro Brexit .

Bad news from the Euro Championships and a sense of injustice during the run up to the vote could sway some voters .

Would put it past the Russian government to have a hand in the actions of their supporters .

I've just been watching some RT, they seem to be only showing clips of England fans, Germany Ukraine trouble as well as Northern Ireland. They are ignoring the Russian videos which are extensive and also seem to be heavily blaming the Authorities rather than the Tooled up Ultras that caused it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would put it past the Russian government to have a hand in the actions of their supporters.

Would be pretty dimly short-sighted if that were the case, seeing as how they're supposed to be hosting the World Cup in two years time and would presumably want to 'welcome' as many visitors from around the globe, if only to rip them off and/or beat them up. The worse it gets at the Euros, the more people will opt to stay safe and stay home in 2018.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've just been watching some RT, they seem to be only showing clips of England fans, Germany Ukraine trouble as well as Northern Ireland. They are ignoring the Russian videos which are extensive and also seem to be heavily blaming the Authorities rather than the Tooled up Ultras that caused it.

Classic RT.

You should see their coverage of the shooting down of the aircraft over Ukraine!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hate to say it but we are stronger together and the threat of Putin is real and it's his thugs in Syria who are forcing the boat pepole out of Syria. Which half of Africa are trying to follow. Thank goodness the French are trying stop them crossing the channel which they would stop if we vote out. Think about it.

I hate to say it but we are stronger together and the threat of Putin is real and it's his thugs in Syria who are forcing the boat pepole out of Syria. Which half of Africa are trying to follow. Thank goodness the French are trying stop them crossing the channel which they would stop if we vote out. Think about it.

So thats the best reason to stay in! France will put Africans into boats and push them our way? Are we sure its the French we want to stand shoulder by shoulder with?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So thats the best reason to stay in! France will put Africans into boats and push them our way? Are we sure its the French we want to stand shoulder by shoulder with?

Given their personal hygiene issues, possibly not.

But I'd rather have the French as an ally than Russia under Putin.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be pretty dimly short-sighted if that were the case, seeing as how they're supposed to be hosting the World Cup in two years time and would presumably want to 'welcome' as many visitors from around the globe, if only to rip them off and/or beat them up. The worse it gets at the Euros, the more people will opt to stay safe and stay home in 2018.

As I've suggested on the other thread, I can foresee 2018 WC matches being played out in stadiums full of Russian school-kids and soldiers, dressed in England / Cameroon / South Korea / Israel shirts, to avoid embarrassment for Putin and FIFA.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interesting perspective on H&J this afternoon from a guy who knows his onions about Russia, hooligans and the like. He reckons that WC2018 would be a civilised affair because they wouldn't want to embarrass their own nation. The point being that they think it is fine to go and cause trouble elsewhere around the world, but not in their own back yard.

This guy also reckoned that the police would be paying a visit to any known hooligans before the WC to warn them that if they put a foot out of line, the authorities will see to it (one way or another, if you know what I mean) that they go down for a long, long time. Such a shady, murky world over there, that I believe him.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Well, I'd call that a very sweeping generalisation. Nations are made up of individuals. Even in its darkest days of state run fascism, you couldn't say that Germany was populated by only evil people. While a (sizeable) number of thugs have been behaving in an appalling way, seemingly without the disapproval of the state, the greater part of the Russian fans were behaving appropriately. In our darkest days of football related thuggery in England, other nations were very quick to tar us all with the same brush, let's not do ordinary Russians the same disservice. I know plenty of good Russians. Yes, they have a bit of a way about them that can rub you up the wrong way...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports