Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia given "suspended disqualification" from Euro 2016

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If there is any repeat of in stadium violence the suspension will be lifted and Russia will be disqualified. The sentence is suspended until the end of the tournament, but can be lifted if neccessary. This is serious for Russia.

It should also put anyone else intrested in trouble on notice too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is the right outcome although it is disappointing England's name was dragged through the mud for three days before the world realised what had actually taken place.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I think this is the right outcome although it is disappointing England's name was dragged through the mud for three days before the world realised what had actually taken place.

don't pretend for one minute that you think english 'fans' were completely innocent,

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

One of the only times I'm glad people record everything on phones, it's clear whilst England fans played a part the policing was horrendous and the majority was not English fans which stopped UEFA blaming it all on us as per.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This is just so UEFA look like that have taken control of the situation. The russians will only be banned for more violence in a stadium which wouldn't happen anyway as they have already played us now so they won't need to cause violence in the stadiums (although heard they are after Wales too) They will just attack us in the streets and get away with it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It goes without saying that we have our own idiots over there. But its absolutely clear from the footage and the majority of accounts from people out there, that there is one particular group of nationals (I won't call them fans) who arrived in Marseille with the sole mission of launching violent unprovoked attacks on England fans. They arrived with gumshields and martial arts gloves, some even in black uniforms. The weight of evidence is against that russian filth over there. I sincerely hope one of their deranged meatheads lets off a firework in the stadium tomorrow night, and gets the whole lot of them booted out of the tournament.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is just so UEFA look like that have taken control of the situation. The russians will only be banned for more violence in a stadium which wouldn't happen anyway as they have already played us now so they won't need to cause violence in the stadiums (although heard they are after Wales too) They will just attack us in the streets and get away with it.

I'm not so sure. Their politicians have encouraged them, & there's no love lost between Slovakia & Russia. How do you call off the hounds once you've unleashed them?

It goes without saying that we have our own idiots over there. But its absolutely clear from the footage and the majority of accounts from people out there, that there is one particular group of nationals (I won't call them fans) who arrived in Marseille with the sole mission of launching violent unprovoked attacks on England fans. They arrived with gumshields and martial arts gloves, some even in black uniforms. The weight of evidence is against that russian filth over there. I sincerely hope one of their deranged meatheads lets off a firework in the stadium tomorrow night, and gets the whole lot of them booted out of the tournament.

I've just had lunch with a customer who was out there at the weekend, unbelievably he said not only were the Russians extremely well organised on the fighting side they seemed to have groups following the fighters who's sole purpose seemed to be to make sure no Russian was "left behind"

Very Military like he reckons.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've just had lunch with a customer who was out there at the weekend, unbelievably he said not only were the Russians extremely well organised on the fighting side they seemed to have groups following the fighters who's sole purpose seemed to be to make sure no Russian was "left behind"

Very Military like he reckons.

Ask yourself how the average Russian on 2 cabbages and a potato as wages has been able to afford to travel to France and buy tickets etc ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Apparently,one local Blues 'fan' arrested was on the watch list,and still managed to go chair throwing.Lot of blame to spread round,and very few innocents.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Ask yourself how the average Russian on 2 cabbages and a potato as wages has been able to afford to travel to France and buy tickets etc ?

Hadn't thought about that side of the equation, would a tournament like this be beyond the average Russian's wage?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As I said before, Putin will be giving them medals within 6 months of their return.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Wouldn't surprise me if these were under Russian FA/Kremlin orders, simply an extension of Russian aggression to exert themselves as they have done through other means such as military occupation and using their gas supplies to leverage opposition.

EDIT: As others have been suggesting, that's a lot of money to waste to have a punch up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here