Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Martin

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Apparently Russell Martin is a vegan (true story). That will confuse [MENTION=3792]bhanutz[/MENTION] even more.

Although it may also explain why he is keen to sign for us....

Next you will be telling me he votes Green! That will just about top it off!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Next you will be telling me he votes Green! That will just about top it off!

Outside of Brighton, the largest number of Green council seats can be found in Bristol and....... Norwich.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we sign Martin we don't need another left back, we won't get anything better than Bong and Rosenior.

I would be pretty happy with Martin, 30 with bags of experience at a higher level

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If we sign Martin we don't need another left back, we won't get anything better than Bong and Rosenior.

I would be pretty happy with Martin, 30 with bags of experience at a higher level

Plus the loanee from Whitecaps to cover Bong, Martin to cover CB and or Right Back and LR to cover many positions at the back or midfield. Could they be thinking this could be a season too far for Bruno?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Plus the loanee from Whitecaps to cover Bong, Martin to cover CB and or Right Back and LR to cover many positions at the back or midfield. Could they be thinking this could be a season too far for Bruno?

Err No, he's skipper for a reason, I think it may be a bit much asking for him to go a full season without injury again but he's still out no1 right back by some way

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Err No, he's skipper for a reason, I think it may be a bit much asking for him to go a full season without injury again but he's still out no1 right back by some way

I agree 100% but a lot can happen in the next 9 months and we must not be caught out again.

Last edited:

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
040f176dfb9702f9993fce5cf8fcf2a7.jpg

73 Silver rated on FIFA 16. Happy with this singing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
We have a really good bunch of defenders with Dunk, Goldson and Hunemeier vying for two positions, with Bruno, Bong and Rosenior going for the other two. Add in Martin for injury/suspension/competition for both RB and CB, we look pretty safe, especially with promising hungry young players like Hunt, Forbes, Agekugbe, Hall and Dallison waiting in the wings.

It's tough picking the best four out of those six, add in Martin and we have a really talented and experienced mix at the back. If this move comes off, only a CM and striker to aim for

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have a really good bunch of defenders with Dunk, Goldson and Hunemeier vying for two positions, with Bruno, Bong and Rosenior going for the other two. Add in Martin for injury/suspension/competition for both RB and CB, we look pretty safe, especially with promising hungry young players like Hunt, Forbes, Agekugbe, Hall and Dallison waiting in the wings.

It's tough picking the best four out of those six, add in Martin and we have a really talented and experienced mix at the back. If this move comes off, only a CM and striker to aim for

:thumbsup:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 27s28 seconds ago
Been aware of the reports re: Russell Martin. Haven't touched it for a good reason, it's not true. Told that by impeccable sources. #bhafc

:(

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Been aware of the reports re: Russell Martin. Haven't touched it for a good reason, it's not true. Told that by impeccable sources. #bhafc

Not what I heard via family but who knows he could well be right. Whatever way you look at it we need a CB in quickly with only 1 fit at the moment and no indication of return for the German or on the severity of Goldson injury.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not what I heard via family but who knows he could well be right. Whatever way you look at it we need a CB in quickly with only 1 fit at the moment and no indication of return for the German or on the severity of Goldson injury.

Agreed. I was relaxed about centre back with young players as back up to Dunk and Goldson until Huhnemeier returned. Didn't need to rush it. But if Goldson could be out for a while, we need someone in urgently.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Surely good news as a player of that quality would mean that someone else would have been on their way out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here