Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Is this why Russ Martin wants to leave?

Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 12.09.17.png

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Ok, I suppose, if you're looking for a new kitchen wallpaper design!

What were they thinking? That is bloody awful!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I accidentally tuned in to Southern Counties radio in the car this morning (an honest mistake), and Neil Pringle was halfway through interviewing a footballer who turned out to be Russell Martin - I missed the start, so spent most of the interview trying to work out who it was. There was no mention of the Albion in the bit I heard, but the fact he was on SCR led me to believe I'd get to work, sign in to NSC, and see that he'd signed. But...nothing doing. So why was he being interviewed on Radio Snooze ? Bit of a long shot, but did anyone hear the whole interview ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I accidentally tuned in to Southern Counties radio in the car this morning (an honest mistake), and Neil Pringle was halfway through interviewing a footballer who turned out to be Russell Martin - I missed the start, so spent most of the interview trying to work out who it was. There was no mention of the Albion in the bit I heard, but I fully expected to get to work, sign in to NSC, and see that he'd signed. But...nothing doing. So why was he being interviewed on Radio Snooze ? Bit of a long shot, but did anyone hear the whole interview ?

May have been about the Academy he has opened down here?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I accidentally tuned in to Southern Counties radio in the car this morning (an honest mistake), and Neil Pringle was halfway through interviewing a footballer who turned out to be Russell Martin - I missed the start, so spent most of the interview trying to work out who it was. There was no mention of the Albion in the bit I heard, but I fully expected to get to work, sign in to NSC, and see that he'd signed. But...nothing doing. So why was he being interviewed on Radio Snooze ? Bit of a long shot, but did anyone hear the whole interview ?

Didn't hear it, but assume it'll be related to his local academy: http://www.russellmartinacademy.co.uk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I accidentally tuned in to Southern Counties radio in the car this morning (an honest mistake), and Neil Pringle was halfway through interviewing a footballer who turned out to be Russell Martin - I missed the start, so spent most of the interview trying to work out who it was. There was no mention of the Albion in the bit I heard, but the fact he was on SCR led me to believe I'd get to work, sign in to NSC, and see that he'd signed. But...nothing doing. So why was he being interviewed on Radio Snooze ? Bit of a long shot, but did anyone hear the whole interview ?
I was playing up at Stanley Deason yesterday and there were posters about somesort of soccer school or training session with Russel Martin.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The academy is the source of all this bollocks.

That footballwhispers thing is described as an algorithm which rates transfer rumours based on the activity/popularity - basically they've accidentally counted many mentions of "Russel Martin" and "Brighton" in academy stuff and made five.

Incidentally there's a banner for the academy on the corner of Shelldale and Trafalgar Roads in Portslade - strange place I thought.

Carry on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Junior Skaville plays at the Russell Martin Academy. Really good if you have kids who would benefit from top level coaching. They have UEFA level coaches there, plus Sergio Torres who is a lovely guy and their most recent addition is Adam Virgo.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Stephens is a good player and we want to keep him, but I personally feel he may well be exposed in the Premier League, the juries out for me.

He will be, no doubt, by top 6 but then most of our players will be. Acid test is how he gets on in matches with the serious end of PL, and I think he will be fine. Burnley are canny, and they wanted him for PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here