Russell Brand v Ed Miliband

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why would Cameron be interviewed by Brand. Ed allegedly offered Brand £400, 000 to stand as a Labour candidate.....the potty mouthed one refused......embarrassing really.
Seems Brand just wants to keep his face in the press, spout, but as Farage said, does not want to back up his views by standing for a seat. Meanwhile Brand just preaches to the easily impressed.

Given that he is telling people not to vote, would not standing for a seat be totally hypocritical.

At least Miliband is engaging with someone who holds opposing views. I find Cameron's dismissal of it all as a joke fairly sickening. Should he not as PM be there for everyone, so if he doesn't like it he should ignore it.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Cameron has pissed his pants a few times in this election run in. He Totally showed himself up for refusing a one on one with Milliband. If Milliband is so useless, surely it should have been a walkover for Bullyboy Dave. At least Milliband has put himself out there at every opportunity and this Brand interview is another example.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You could argue, that unless you vote Labour or Conservative, your vote wont determine who runs the country.

Of course, but voting for anyone is better than not voting at all.

If Brand wanted to make a point about how no parties are worth voting for he should have encouraged people to spoil their ballot instead of not using it at all.

Inaction is a lazy revolution.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I like Brand, even if he is a bit irritating. I have full respect for someone using their celebrity to address the injustices in the world. Good on him.
Oh! You mean the guy who is a millionaire who lives in a £9m mansionette (owners use an off-shore banking account to avoid tax),who proports to be a comedian...(never heard one of his jokes classed as funny) ,who is an egotisical slob who tells people not to use their democratic right to vote...yep! that's sorted the injustices out then!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh! You mean the guy who is a millionaire who lives in a £9m mansionette (owners use an off-shore banking account to avoid tax),who proports to be a comedian...(never heard one of his jokes classed as funny) ,who is an egotisical slob who tells people not to use their democratic right to vote...yep! that's sorted the injustices out then!

Whenever i have rented the tax affairs of my landlord have never been part of the lease. Whether you think he is funny is really neither here nor there, he is a comedian and a successful one and that. Telling people not to vote is an over simplification of the point he was making that was run with by opponents and the tabloid press for obvious reasons. I have no idea what you base calling him a slob is based on so won't comment. He freely admits to being egotistical and accepts this character flaw. I cannot imagine what it is like to live without a single character flaw, must be loverly.

Of course the injustices are not sorted out, that is a ridiculous idea. Although none of your points detract from the fact that he has given said injustices more airtime, more discussion and increased publicity.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't mind Milliband. Don't think he's leader material, more substitute teacher but Brand , my god he is a ****.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't mind Brand, I completely disagree with his bone-headed Don't Vote opinion, completely wrong in my view. However he does offer an interesting perspective on issues and actually engages with people who feel disenfranchised by the system. Good move by Milliband to do this interview as its target audience is one that you'd suspect has shown very little interest in the election so far.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
There was a documentary of his slamming the banks and their bosses being shown recently in cinemas. It look the typical left wing propoganda type nonsense - Anyone not working in the public sector are greedy and just trying to screw over the rest of the world and have no compasion towards any other human being.

Apparently the banks were to blame for societies ills now, and it has nothing to do with people wanting everything now and borrowing (sometimes beyond their means) to get something straight away rather than delaying the purchase and saving up for it first. It's therefore the banks fault when some people then can't repay this money that they wanted because they only leant it to the poor person to rip them off and because of greed..blah blah blah.....

Left wing Brand interviewing Left wing Miliband and releasing it just before an election where he hopes that the left wing party gets elected is hardly a surprise. Those saying Cameron wouldn't do an interview with Brand are probably right, But would Miliband do one with someone who was quite right wing, like Clarkson? - no, probably not either.

Apparently Brand has asked all of them for an interview. I'm not a huge Miliband fan but I thought the interview was good, it can't be bad to debate these things and Camerons sneering dismissal of Brand as a joke just shows what he's about. I'm sure he's never met him or engaged in any sort of debate with him because he will be made to look stupid. The same way he has ducked any sort of debate with anyone. This standing on a box in factory with his sleeves rolled spouting Tory policy is not debate or how politics should work. Anything that can engage people into talking about politics must be a good surely, even if you don't agree with their views. This can only be a win for Miliband, especially with younger voters.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brand. That gimp has tried everything to become famous. He tried child acting, that failed when he got on the brown, he tried tv presenting, lest we forget that convictionless hump was the first host of Big Beothers Big Mouth when it was on at 1am and nobody watched it. He tried stand up. Where he stood on stage for two hours and talked about how nobody understands him and the press are out to get him. He tried going on demos, he got arrested and got bored of it, he tried acting again, failed. He tried being an international conspiracy theorist, he got into bed with Alex Jones and started crying about lizards this losing credibility, now he's a political commentator and paid mouth. He'll get bored of that one once the election is over and nobody cares anymore.
What's next? I imagine he'll be found at some point face down in a swimming pool with a needle jabbed in his balls and his arse in tatters.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
That was one of the most scripted interviews I have ever seen! Russell bangs on constantly about the fact that democracy is broken and that all politicians are in pockets of the elite, tells people not to vote and then goes and does a party political broadcast on behalf of the Labour party...unbelievable!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why would Cameron be interviewed by Brand. Ed allegedly offered Brand £400, 000 to stand as a Labour candidate.....the potty mouthed one refused......embarrassing really.
Seems Brand just wants to keep his face in the press, spout, but as Farage said, does not want to back up his views by standing for a seat. Meanwhile Brand just preaches to the easily impressed.

Brand has covered Lib Dems ,UKIP and Labour in his Trews election week garb,Milliband has been the only leader to turn up and have a debate so far,the others are all about brands views......aussie cow is up next and has agreed.........all you need to know really about brand and the puppets willing to suck his cock

That doesn't really mark Russell brand out as special though does it ?

Ah but you will all be watching though

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Left wing Brand interviewing Left wing Miliband and releasing it just before an election where he hopes that the left wing party gets elected is hardly a surprise. Those saying Cameron wouldn't do an interview with Brand are probably right, But would Miliband do one with someone who was quite right wing, like Clarkson? - no, probably not either.

If Clarkson had any sort of political following though, they'd almost certainly already be voting Conservative. Brand has a number of people who follow him, who were probably not going to vote at all. If Milliband has convinced even a few of them to vote Labour then it's a win for him - none of them are going to have watched this video, having previously decided not to vote, and now think 'Actually, I'm going to vote Conservative now.'

Smart move from Milliband.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A lot of young people don't watch the news, don't buy newspapers or listen to Radio 4. If politicians want their vote, they have to find new ways of getting through to them.

It's irrelevant if a lot of people don't like Brand, if he has millions of subscribers who watch his YouTube thing then any politician not accepting his invitation of an interview is an idiot or running scared. I'm amazed that Nick Clegg hasn't been on if he has been asked.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brand is a drug addict. Addicts by their very nature are needy, insecure, egotistical, selfish, solipsistic, attention seeking, single minded flibbityjibs with no sense of their place in the world and place no worth on others or other people's physical and emotional needs. This should in no way prohibit him from voicing an opinion but I won't be heeding any fiscal or political advice from such a man.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Russell Brand has a big following on social media. Over the past few years, he's also managed to get media attention for a number of issues, (I don't necessarily agree with how he thinks they should be solved).

He's got a high profile, so it makes sense for politicians, who are looking to engage with voters they may not normally engage with, to let him interview them.

I've watched the interview. It's ok, no real surprises. Thing is I'd watch the UKIP equivalent, whatever it may be.... Farage interviewed by Katie Hopkins? Or Cameron interviewed by Clarkson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports