Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Running around in the 70's

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would have helped in the driver had park nearer the ground instead of next to a pub in town:blush: Rule one don't let the coach driver drink:drink:

It wasn't that Luton match that Ian got pi$$ed. Think it was the one before. He has, sadly, passed on now.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
fair amount of running around at Chesterfield as I recall

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
ahhhh chesterfield.....synonymous with axe wielding eh Rev

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I remember being at Chesterfield needing to win to go up as champions...we drew...when the Brighton fans started going onto the pitch to head to the home end, the police got a bit confused, and thought the fans were going on the pitch to congratulate the players, as we had been promoted, actually saw one officer helping a Brighton fan onto the pitch.
When we got past the halfway line they figured it out. Chesterfield fans were fighting each other in order to get out of the door at the back of their stand...when we were young eh.

I remember being at Chesterfield needing to win to go up as champions...we drew...when the Brighton fans started going onto the pitch to head to the home end, the police got a bit confused, and thought the fans were going on the pitch to congratulate the players, as we had been promoted, actually saw one officer helping a Brighton fan onto the pitch.
When we got past the halfway line they figured it out. Chesterfield fans were fighting each other in order to get out of the door at the back of their stand...when we were young eh.

I think you will find a few burgess hill lads were coming in the back of thier stand when they were trying to get out.The police worked out what was going on when one got dropped kicked in the centre circle:facepalm: Thank the lord we will never see those things again:nono:

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
It's a sad fact but those days back in the 60's 70's 80's were far more exciting than the football scene nowadays. The rucking, chasing the other mob, being chased it was all part of the scene back then, it's not tolerated now which is all for the good I suppose, but, I'm so glad I was able to experience and be part of that. The friday nights down West St in a rammed Bosun was the place to be. Ah thems were the days. It's the reason why I find the matchday experience so sterile nowadays If the younger Albion fans could of experienced that and compared it to what it's like now they would understand why the older generation bang on about The Goldstone days so much. The good thing now is that we are building a nice size young fanbase for the future in a fantastic stadium. Up the Albion!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I did loads of running about in the seventies because I was a child.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I know you mustn't glorify football misdemeanors from the past, but this was a brilliant day and seeing the chesterfield fans trying to get out of their stand was bizarre.

Anyone remember winning in the cup at northamptons old ground ...3 sided...where kevin bremner scored ad at the end of the game all the Northampton hoolies ran on the pitch...brighton fans legged it out of the stand and there was three of us left watching this .....for some reason they stopped and ended up running off towards the cricket ground. Looking back that was the stupidest thing I ever did and could have ended up with a beating.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Remember that day well.

Always running with the mob back in those days, one way or the other, but never fighting...I would have got slaughtered.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Last away game my wife ever went to. Horrible place, horrible people, horrible ground, inbred shits.....I hate Luton with a passion...in fact I detest Luton more than I detest palace. There I have said it.
Careful mate....you might be accused of Lutonphobia....(Do tend to agree though)...

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
It's a sad fact but those days back in the 60's 70's 80's were far more exciting than the football scene nowadays. The rucking, chasing the other mob, being chased it was all part of the scene back then, it's not tolerated now which is all for the good I suppose, but, I'm so glad I was able to experience and be part of that.

Bury away and no top level game that weekend because of an England game that week saw a mob of P.N.E. turn up for some fun.
In the first half we were stuck in the middle with the Bury to our right and Preston to our left and spent the whole half chasing Bury off whilst P.N.E. would chase us,we turned an ran them,the whole first half we ran both mobs till Preston joined up with us and we both ran Bury out of the ground.

Now days adrenaline junkies have to go to Thorpe park for their (totally safe) kicks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Remember when Lincoln city were promoted and we gate crashed their promotion party. We were with the junior seagulls in and they stuck us in the main stand where a load of their hoolies were and it all kicked off down the other end and we had to shepherd the youngsters away whilst these yobs were running past us.

One of the young kids we were looking after, lamped this huge bloke who had knocked over one of our dads and this huge lump turned around to see who had hit him, seeing it was a 14 year old he tried to have a go at the nearest person with an albion shirt on, who was the mum of one of the kids and she also set about this bloke with her handbag.....it as so funny!

Anyone remember paying football in one of their goals whilst their players were being introduced to the crowd after the game?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Coach window smashed at Forest in the cup, running around outside the ground, Cardiff in the same year running the gauntlet to the station and Palace at Stamford Bridge in the cup with that idiot referee Challis getting everyone stoked up. Today has nothing on those times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here