Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Running around in the 70's

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I know you mustn't glorify football misdemeanors from the past, but this was a brilliant day and seeing the chesterfield fans trying to get out of their stand was bizarre.

Anyone remember winning in the cup at northamptons old ground ...3 sided...where kevin bremner scored ad at the end of the game all the Northampton hoolies ran on the pitch...brighton fans legged it out of the stand and there was three of us left watching this .....for some reason they stopped and ended up running off towards the cricket ground. Looking back that was the stupidest thing I ever did and could have ended up with a beating.

I remember the Northampton fans lined up in front of the Brighton end, one thug brandishing a corner flag. They just stood there scratching there heads as the end was virtually empty, before wandering off with there tails between there legs.

Jan 30, 2008
I remember the Northampton fans lined up in front of the Brighton end, one thug brandishing a corner flag. They just stood there scratching there heads as the end was virtually empty, before wandering off with there tails between there legs.
SO BRIGHTON DONE A RUNNER :facepalm:
regards
DR

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bury away and no top level game that weekend because of an England game that week saw a mob of P.N.E. turn up for some fun.
In the first half we were stuck in the middle with the Bury to our right and Preston to our left and spent the whole half chasing Bury off whilst P.N.E. would chase us,we turned an ran them,the whole first half we ran both mobs till Preston joined up with us and we both ran Bury out of the ground.

Now days adrenaline junkies have to go to Thorpe park for their (totally safe) kicks.

also Man U and Man City plus Bolton fans it was a mess but we held our own. Meet Tony Book ( man city manager)in the Bury social club before the game and I told him hands of Wardy! He said what about Ian Mellor. He once played with him and looking back he deserved more praise for his part of a great double act,he laid on many assists for Wardy to score.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know you mustn't glorify football misdemeanors from the past, but this was a brilliant day and seeing the chesterfield fans trying to get out of their stand was bizarre.

Anyone remember winning in the cup at northamptons old ground ...3 sided...where kevin bremner scored ad at the end of the game all the Northampton hoolies ran on the pitch...brighton fans legged it out of the stand and there was three of us left watching this .....for some reason they stopped and ended up running off towards the cricket ground. Looking back that was the stupidest thing I ever did and could have ended up with a beating.

I was there. It was all ticket for the Albion and we sold our full allocation. i had left mine back at home in Manchester so had to go in the home end. Could not stop myself when we scored the first and the locals did not take it well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here