Rumour - Oli Johnson

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Heard just now that Oli Johnson from Norwich was down for talks, no idea if we are looking at a loan or permanent deal though.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
very suprised if that is the case , but would help boost up our quota of ex-Stockport players at least

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Just a friend who has occasional dealings with the club, normally pretty accurate. Would seem to fit the profile, similar to Scott Sinclair who was the number 1 target apparently.

C Man Staines

Feb 21, 2009
I've always been impressed by him when I've seen him play. If true, then hopefully he'll mature into a quality striker under Gus' (but will have to be quick if it is only a loan deal!)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Doesnt score a lot of goals though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you know what's great about rumours today? We are only likely to have to wait 12 hours to see if they are true :lolol:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
So does this look like it'll happen then ?

No idea but seemed pretty certain we are in for him.

Personally I think a load of deals will go to the wire. Read today that agents are franticallly setting up contingency loans in case their players don't make premiership squads - problem being most managers will not loan out to other premiership clubs. Can see this having a knock on effect right through the leagues.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
No one had even suggested Oli Johnson until today. Whether this is true or not it just shows us all that no one (not even the Argus, who now have to create non stories) knows what dealings Gus and the club are trying to work through.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
No idea but seemed pretty certain we are in for him.

Personally I think a load of deals will go to the wire. Read today that agents are franticallly setting up contingency loans in case their players don't make premiership squads - problem being most managers will not loan out to other premiership clubs. Can see this having a knock on effect right through the leagues.

just taked with Ewan tester chief scout of norwich !!!! they are not selling or loaning him out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports