Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He doesn't exactly seek publicity, does he? I can't imagine it would be that hard to stay out of those lists if you wanted to.

I do. i believe it would be very hard to hide billions worth of assets if someone went looking. many of those on rich list go to lengths to remain private and hide their wealth. but they are on company boards, their share holdings listed, their property titles filed. all the time someone stays private and out of sight they might go unnoticed, but popping up as the owner of a English football club puts you on the radar.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
That would of been some investment, i know he has also invested in race horses so the money has been made some where.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mr Bloom has earned $3'337'271 playing poker since 1994 to 2014 according to http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=26

If Mr Bloom is as rich as all Albion fans would like to think where has he made his fortune?

I think he made his first fortune selling an online betting website he'd devised/designed to one of the big boys, then I think he did something similar again. After that I understand it was property develpment in the UK (Sussex) and a lot of property develpment in Australia. The poker playing is a hobby.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Yeah, i'm sure that's the reason. Although maybe not as 'funding' a '£100m stadium' and a £20/30m Training Complex (depending on which articles you read) is the PERFECT way of staying out of the lime light......................either **speculation**

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Yeah that's a faIr comment! However the rich list is drawn up by Forbes who pretty much have a good clue who has earned what.

Besides Lord Bashford isnt exactly a media magnet either and he is top of the list for the uk.

Come to think of it, have you ever heard of Gina Rinehart?

Nope me neither..........but she was the worlds richest women in 2012 but has now dropped to 4th richest. But you already knew that because that list is full of people telling the world about themselves and there wealth. :lol:

Yeah, really obscure that Gina Rinehart. Never in the press. Stays out of politics http://www.theguardian.com/business/gina-rinehart :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think he made his first fortune selling an online betting website he'd devised/designed to one of the big boys, then I think he did something similar again. After that I understand it was property develpment in the UK (Sussex) and a lot of property develpment in Australia. The poker playing is a hobby.

So his wealth could be easily determined as selling a company and buying property is relatively transparent even if he has done it via a company or investment fund?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So his wealth could be easily determined as selling a company and buying property is relatively transparent even if he has done it via a company or investment fund?

I'm wracking the old braincells for where I heard/found out, but the first online thing may well have been back when these organisations were based out of Gibralter (was to avoid UK taxation laws I think), possibly the second one was out of there too, could explain the lack of transparency?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm wracking the old braincells for where I heard/found out, but the first online thing may well have been back when these organisations were based out of Gibralter (was to avoid UK taxation laws I think), possibly the second one was out of there too, could explain the lack of transparency?

Most, if not all are still registered offshore (Gib, Malta, Isle of Man). It allows them more freedom in terms of their regulatory responsibilities

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Might depend on what he's got on the go.

In the extreme I know a very wealthy fella who is one of the lead investors on a gargantuan resort project in Mexico. It's gone tits up, a couple of the other so called money men have run for cover and this chap is having to liquidate everything to try and get it finished and recoup some of losses. It runs into 10's of millions and given most property developers/speculators are so highly leveraged there's not a great margin for error

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unlikely I know but as a prelude to buying the club could Packer through one of his companies sponsor SH or the DS for £30m thus getting over FFP and allowing us to buy promotion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I did hear quite early on when Bloom took over, a lot of the money was raised through the middle east and 3rd parties, but with him fronting it. So this could well be true if Packer funded a lot of the stadium in the first place.

That said I do know Bloom owns some commercial property in Central London (on London Wall, and slightly out East towards Aldgate)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports