Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Rules of engagement for the WBBWC24

Free for all or rules for the nomation phase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
What about these guys? If KitKats and Twixs are in, then surely they qualify too?

Half-Man-Half-Biscuit-scaled.jpg

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Already a pointless competition. The winner is custard cream for numerous reasons and anyone that says otherwise is delusional.
I will state the FACTS now to avoid weeks of bickering:

1) its a chunky unit comprising of two biscuits in one - so already better than most.
2) its structure and density allows for dunking
3) its girth is suitable for all cups and mugs and most mouths trumping a digestive.
4) for those that like to play with their food it can be dismantled and the cream layer licked or nibbled off extending the pleasure.
5) most shops sell it
6) no chocolate to melt so travels well
7) no nuts or seeds to get stuck in teeth
8) pretty design on both top and bottom
9) its often a value or cheap biscuit
10) its always in biscuit selection packs or boxes showing its popularity.
11) its a traditional British biscuit dating from 1900 so has pedigree
12) the filling can be flavoured with different variations. Some of the most popular ones are coconut, coffee, strawberry, chocolate, orange and lemon.
13) there is no ambiguity - it is a solid biscuit with no hint that it could be conceived as a cake or sweet.

In closing the humble Custard Cream is the most versatile, flavoursome and cost effective biscuit and a clear winner.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Already a pointless competition. The winner is custard cream for numerous reasons and anyone that says otherwise is delusional.

1) its a chunky unit comprising of two biscuits in one - so already better than most.
3) its girth is suitable for all cups and mugs and most mouths trumping a digestive.
4) for those that like to play with their food it can be dismantled and the cream layer licked or nibbled off extending the pleasure.
5) most shops sell it
12) the filling can be flavoured with different variations. Some of the most popular ones are coconut, coffee, strawberry, chocolate, orange and lemon.
13) there is no ambiguity - it is a solid biscuit with no hint that it could be conceived as a cake or sweet.

In closing the humble Custard Cream is the most versatile, flavoursome and cost effective biscuit and a clear winner.
I didn't know there were multi-flavoured Custard creams.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

5) most shops sell it

I'd like to add a #14 to this list:

Most people are fools and dislike them so buying them for the work biscuit tin is a genius move if, as any sensible person does, you love Custard Creams and desire to stuff your face with them in peace.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Jaffa cakes are not biscuits. Twix and KitKat are also not biscuits.

Therefore they shouldn't be involved in this biscuit competition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to see the Fox's Viennese get quite far as a dark horse - these bad boys are GREAT;

1704969084184.png

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

5) most shops sell it

The humble digestive biscuit is a solid contender

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If we're talking dunking with a hot drink (and we should be) then the only real winner, as any Aussie living here, or any Brit who has lived Down Under should be able to tell you is the TIM TAM.

Because then, you can do the Tim Tam Slam.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I don't care about the rules of engagement, but ultimately if you allow Jaffa cakes into a world's greatest biscuit competition then I'm afraid I'll be boycotting the whole affair.

That's like allowing the oak tree into the world's hardest animal competition. Can you imagine that being allowed to taint the finest NSC world cup ever invented? Of course not.
Well. Legally, you are quite correct. A Court case in 1991 decided that a Jaffa cake was a chocolate covered CAKE and therefore was not subject to VAT which did apply to chocolate covered BISCUIT.

Jaffa cakes therefore have no place in a biscuit competition!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

5) most shops sell it

This is what it's all about. You'll need to cut and paste this when the business end gets underway. That said, I can think of some contenders that put up a stiff test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here