Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rules about euro home ticket if you can't make a game?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Much depends on whether the games sell out. If they don’t, there’s no great incentive for the club to refund. If a game does sell out, I’d have thought the club would open the Exchange. They resell the ticket for standard price of (say) £40 having refunded you a third of the price you paid for the bundle, thereby making an extra £15 or so for the club. Just as it works for STs.

I suspect they cast doubt on the Exchange being opened to deter people from calculating that they could buy the bundle, resell one or two, and still go to the other game(s) for a lower cost than buying individually. Understandable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the online forum they ran, Paul was very clear that the timescales are very short in the game turnarounds in the Europa league and so much else needs doing its difficult to offer too much outside of what they are doing. We are in four competitions. One that stuck out, asked if the club would run travel to the away games i.e flights etc he said they were struggling to get flights for the players as there is little capacity in the air fleet post pandemic. I am not sure that it is a simple as pressing a button and the ticketing is sorted, maybe it is but also not sure that UEFA doesn't have rules about resales, its seems to have a lot of demands on the clubs involved.
The last few words of your post are very pertinent.

UEFA may well have different rules viz a viz ticketing procedures, it way well be that we are not permitted to resell seats once they are sold.

Lostgull

Mar 16, 2019
The last few words of your post are very pertinent.

UEFA may well have different rules viz a viz ticketing procedures, it way well be that we are not permitted to resell seats once they are sold.
As a STH at the camp nou, which includes all European games as part of the ticket, I am (well, was until this season with the renovation works) able to sell the seat back to the club.

Therefore I Imagine there's no UEFA reason why they can't be returned.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm sure it was mentioned in a barber interview that they wouldn't be transferable which makes sense given the discounted price.

I guess it would be a logistical nightmare but maybe the ticket office office could issue an additional ticket for the price difference including the name of the transfer recipient?

I cant imagine there's more than a few hundred who cant attend a match, you'd be a bit silly to commit to this option if you'd already made plans/booked holidays!
My understanding that these were being marketed to fans who would attend the home fixtures no matter what

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Ticket prices anounced by the club. £35/£42/£45 for adults depending on your seat. Plus Athens is £5 to £8 less.
In my case (OAP) I've saved £25 by buying the bundle. Had I waited and purchased only two games it would have cost £70 or £65 which is cheaper than the £75 I paid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm sure it was mentioned in a barber interview that they wouldn't be transferable which makes sense given the discounted price.

I guess it would be a logistical nightmare but maybe the ticket office office could issue an additional ticket for the price difference including the name of the transfer recipient?

I cant imagine there's more than a few hundred who cant attend a match, you'd be a bit silly to commit to this option if you'd already made plans/booked holidays!
My understanding that these were being marketed to fans who would attend the home fixtures no matter what
Probably the club playing its best poker face. Doubt they'll want to end up with empty seats and pass up on the chance of making a healthy resale profit

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ticket prices anounced by the club. £35/£42/£45 for adults depending on your seat. Plus Athens is £5 to £8 less.
In my case (OAP) I've saved £25 by buying the bundle. Had I waited and purchased only two games it would have cost £70 or £65 which is cheaper than the £75 I paid.
It would also likely mean you couldn’t have your usual seat, though.
I can see why some may have taken a risk on a single date being home when they weren’t able to go, just to make sure they were in their usual seat with the usual crowd around them. It’s still a fair price in my mind for just two games(thankfully, I’ll be at all three, though).

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Probably the club playing its best poker face. Doubt they'll want to end up with empty seats and pass up on the chance of making a healthy resale profit

Let's hope so it would be very unfortunate for fans lower down the pecking order of they can't get tickets but there's empty seats. I'm sure those who can't attend would also be disappointed if their unused seat remained empty.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It would also likely mean you couldn’t have your usual seat, though.
I can see why some may have taken a risk on a single date being home when they weren’t able to go, just to make sure they were in their usual seat with the usual crowd around them. It’s still a fair price in my mind for just two games(thankfully, I’ll be at all three, though).
it was a risk I was willing to take I knew there was one match day I was unable to make sure enough it's ended up as a home game. it.does seem a fair price for.the.2 games anyway. disappointing if seats end up empty on that basis

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Most of this thread is speculation. They were sold as being non-transferable and we haven’t been told otherwise so far.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I'm pretty sure on the Zoom call they said definitely no refunds/resale, there might be an exchange to put the ticket on for the club to re-sell, but you won't get any money back for the re-sale, and that they'd hope fans would return tickets if they couldn't go, even with no money back, to avoid empty seats.

I've not seen anything in writing from the club clarifying this but perhaps it will happen nearer the time.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I'm pretty sure on the Zoom call they said definitely no refunds/resale, there might be an exchange to put the ticket on for the club to re-sell, but you won't get any money back for the re-sale, and that they'd hope fans would return tickets if they couldn't go, even with no money back, to avoid empty seats.

I've not seen anything in writing from the club clarifying this but perhaps it will happen nearer the time.
I don't think they did say "definitely no refunds" or similar. When the question came up Barber said something like "the point of offering the bundle is to appeal to those willing to commit to all 3 games" and "we don't plan to resell tickets" etc. It was a little cagey in terms of absolute policy. As I said earlier I fully understand why they wouldn't offer the possibility of Exchange at this stage. But we'll know soon enough.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That could possibly call the bluff of a few people…. :)
It’s also a good idea.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
On the club website the article about tickets has the following about ticket exchange

Ticket Exchange

We'll be launching a ticket exchange for season ticket holders and MyAlbion+ members who have bought three-match packs in due course.
Please note the cost of resale on this exchange will more than likely reverse the discount from the three-match pack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here