Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rules about euro home ticket if you can't make a game?

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Can someone remind of the rules about the 3 match home bundle if you cant make a game?

Appreciate you take the early risk for maximum savings but the little ones have school holidays for one home game (ajax)

So do all those seats just go empty? Or is there an exchange/resale opportunity

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As it stands go empty. They were sold knowing no refund or resale option?

However if they sell out I can’t believe the club wouldn’t open the exchange, surely ?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It will be difficult for the club in that they sold the tickets very cheap (note that UEFA rules state away tickets fixed at 45 euros). I'd imagine ticket prices will be £40+ for these games but if you paid £100 for three games I think they have every right to offer you £20 for an unused ticket.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The only option would be opening the ticket exchange. These tickets were sold as a bundle so I would think it would be a logistical nightmare unscrambling it. Bearing in mind the price (which makes it a small amount of money) and the clearly outlined t and c’s it’s unlikely worth the hassle. Why not just wait to see if the exchange opens, which would be a bonus. If not then just accept you bought very cheap ticket bundles.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only option would be opening the ticket exchange. These tickets were sold as a bundle so I would think it would be a logistical nightmare unscrambling it. Bearing in mind the price (which makes it a small amount of money) and the clearly outlined t and c’s it’s unlikely worth the hassle. Why not just wait to see if the exchange opens, which would be a bonus. If not then just accept you bought very cheap ticket bundles.
Maybe, maybe not. Tho they were sold as a bundle, it may well be that they get individually loaded on to your Google/Apple Pay. In which case they would be ripe for the ticket exchange opening. Far better that than empty seats on these special European nights shirley?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Maybe, maybe not. Tho they were sold as a bundle, it may well be that they get individually loaded on to your Google/Apple Pay. In which case they would be ripe for the ticket exchange opening. Far better that than empty seats on these special European nights shirley?
Sure but I very much doubt that a bundle price of £75 equates to single prices of £25…..

mile oak

May 21, 2023
Must be loaded and pdf print indivdual. ST are

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sure but I very much doubt that a bundle price of £75 equates to single prices of £25…..
It's uncharted territory for sure, but isn't it exactly like buying a season ticket in microcosm? You commit upfront in exchange for a discounted rate. Then if you can't make a game you get a pro-rata refund, and the club gets to re-sell that ticket at a price it sets. Tho I guess there may be specific UEFA rules that might prevent the club from doing so for this competition

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's uncharted territory for sure, but isn't it exactly like buying a season ticket in microcosm? You commit upfront in exchange for a discounted rate. Then if you can't make a game you get a pro-rata refund, and the club gets to re-sell that ticket at a price it sets. Tho I guess there may be specific UEFA rules that might prevent the club from doing so for this competition
Yeah, quite possibly. I was just thinking that with the bundle you are getting European football for the price of a L2 game. I am just speculating that may be because the club know something we don’t about resale, whether that be IT or EUFA or whatever. Who knows, I’m just setting off shortly to a L2 game for the same price as everyone is paying for Ajax etc :)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Can someone remind of the rules about the 3 match home bundle if you cant make a game?

Appreciate you take the early risk for maximum savings but the little ones have school holidays for one home game (ajax)

So do all those seats just go empty? Or is there an exchange/resale opportunity
Babysitter, surely?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The answer is simple.

We have NEVER played in Euro football before. If you have tickets, you get your sorry arse along no matter what. It is an absolute previlage.

No excuses. Boss asks you work? Resign. Wife says can’t go? Divorce. Kids need looking after? Put ‘em up for adoption. Hospitalised? Ask for a mobile drip and drag it along with you.

There is absolutely no way anyone should be missing these games. Give your head a wobble as we like to say on NSC if something even remotely looks like scuppering your attendance.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
On the online forum they ran, Paul was very clear that the timescales are very short in the game turnarounds in the Europa league and so much else needs doing its difficult to offer too much outside of what they are doing. We are in four competitions. One that stuck out, asked if the club would run travel to the away games i.e flights etc he said they were struggling to get flights for the players as there is little capacity in the air fleet post pandemic. I am not sure that it is a simple as pressing a button and the ticketing is sorted, maybe it is but also not sure that UEFA doesn't have rules about resales, its seems to have a lot of demands on the clubs involved.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is absolutely no way anyone should be missing these games. Give your head a wobble as we like to say on NSC if something even remotely looks like scuppering your attendance.

I’m on holiday for the first game 🙈

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Snap!
Cough, me too! Well, first away match :(

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
If I have the option on my ST to give my ticket to a someone in my place, would this apply - also away for first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here