Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rudy Gestede

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So it seems NSC has decided this guy is pretty rubbish and not up to boosting our current strike force?

Have any of you actually seen him play, or is Wikipedia the sum total of your knowledge about him? :lolol:

I certainly have, hence why I said it wouldnt be a bad signing for us. You can tell who is just looking on Wikipedia though.

We arent going to get a "goal a game" striker, as that type of player certainly wouldnt be allowed out for loan.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Presumably even those who HAVE seen him play will only have seen him what, at most, three or four times. Perhaps against us, perhaps the odd game on Sky.

Now I am not saying he would be a good signing. Honestly, I haven't a clue.

But I do know that I would struggle to remember the in-depth performance of a random player from a handful of games I might have seen him in before I realised we were interested in signing them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Presumably even those who HAVE seen him play will only have seen him what, at most, three or four times. Perhaps against us, perhaps the odd game on Sky.

Now I am not saying he would be a good signing. Honestly, I haven't a clue.

But I do know that I would struggle to remember the in-depth performance of a random player from a handful of games I might have seen him in before I realised we were interested in signing them.

Oh stop it with your reasonable pragmatism. What we want is a more condemnation based upon an easily editable page on the internet.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The first time I saw Gestede he looked good. I remember noting his name. All the other times and I thought I must have got another player with the same name.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gotta be worth a punt... We are totally toothless up top without Leo...

Remember Zamora? Who'd heard of him?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He was involved in the French youth teams, but Benin have called him up at senior level. Being 25 now I think he made the right choice - he's never realistically going to play for France..

He's 6'4 and pretty strong, certainly fits the bill of a target man replacement. Could also see us signing him permanently as a backup option for Ulloa. I could see this signing coming off..

He's decided he has to stop his messing around and had better think of his future?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Are we still after him or is the signing today the end of business?

Played for there development squad the other night and thought he looked good.

[yt]9T0LWruJKdE[/yt]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely that's 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-4-1 then?
4-2-3-1 seems to fit the bill.

I reckon that's what OG is chasing, but just can't get/keep the key players to play it.

Thinking who would play where, from a fit squad, makes me realise we'd have a bench that would destroy most of the division.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Are we still after him or is the signing today the end of business?

Played for there development squad the other night and thought he looked good.

[yt]9T0LWruJKdE[/yt]

Cardiff's second goal looked like a carbon copy of Vydra's goal for Watford at the Amex, where he outpaced Adam El Abd. It wasn't Craig Noone scoring, was it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here