Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rudy Gestede

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No way is he even close to being a French international. A big unit with a modest goalscoring record - might be useful if we were to play two upfront...

I would say poor goalscoring record. Apart from his 2 in 3 in internationals but that was probably against very poor opposition. This guy really isnt want we are looking for.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Wikipedia says he plays for BENIN. If he played for France I very much doubt he'd a) be at Cardiff or b) signing for us.

He was involved in the French youth teams, but Benin have called him up at senior level. Being 25 now I think he made the right choice - he's never realistically going to play for France..

He's 6'4 and pretty strong, certainly fits the bill of a target man replacement. Could also see us signing him permanently as a backup option for Ulloa. I could see this signing coming off..

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I know but I'm not sure that Gestede would be able to do the one man upfront job as effectively as Ulloa.

If he was able to do the job as effectively as Ulloah he wouldn't be going out on loan to us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we play one upfront with a 'big unit'.
Hmmm I'm not to sure.

Garcia seems keen to have someone else up there with Ulloa.
Usually it's been Buckley which hasn't worked.
I guess the plan is for it to be CMS.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
If he was able to do the job as effectively as Ulloah he wouldn't be going out on loan to us.

Hah, quite. A player experienced at the right end of the Championship that fits the target man role is enough to cover us for the next couple of months. You'd want the CMS replacement to be a bit more of a goalscorer, mind..

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Hmmm I'm not to sure.

I think fans like to (in this case erroneously) label a team as playing in one particular formation. What I think Oscar wants is players that can play in different positions - like Buckley as you say, playing out wide but coming in at the right times to support the striker. I also agree with you re CMS - a player that can play in the middle off of Ulloa (etc), out wide or can drop deeper. As you say, we may start off the game playing 433, but at times we often switch to a diamond formation playing 41212..

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I know but I'm not sure that Gestede would be able to do the one man upfront job as effectively as Ulloa.

Hmmm I'm not to sure.

We play one up front with 3 or 4 players constantly supporting. More a 4-3-3. I know nothing of this fella but we just need someone who is strong and has the vision and strength of Ulloa. Or close to it at least.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I remember suggesting this guy a while back on a seperate thread. Good player.

Never going to be a huge goalscorer but that's not really his sole aim. A very good target for others to work off of.

Would make sense.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I just checked his twitter feed for CLUES but it is full of him RETWEETING birthday greetings from young sheep WORRIERS. For that reason I'm OUT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we play one upfront with a 'big unit'.
Hmmm I'm not to sure.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
4409833.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So it seems NSC has decided this guy is pretty rubbish and not up to boosting our current strike force?

Have any of you actually seen him play, or is Wikipedia the sum total of your knowledge about him? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here