Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Royal Mail Rip Off?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Over the weekend I ordered something online. My initial email confirming from the supplier said Royal Mail would deliver it tomorrow (Tuesday).

Today I got an email saying that they would instead deliver it today before 3.30. Then I got another one saying it would instead be before 7.30. Then, finally, at 14.26 that they'd tried to deliver it and we weren't in.

I've been in and in the front room with the dog, who barks at anything, all afternoon and they most certainly haven't been here. Or, if they have, they neither knocked nor rung the bell, They've either gone to the wrong house or entirely not bothered trying to deliver the parcel. DHL managed to get a delivery to us just half an hour before that.

They have now charged me £1.45 online to arrange another deliver in "2-4 days time". No other option existed.

1) Has anyone else had Royal Mail do this to them or have I just been unlucky?
2) Does anyone know if they will have it at the sorting office in the morning if I go there to look for it? If so can I get my money back?

£1.45 is not exactly a fortune but I wonder if they are doing this as a revenue raiser. Some folk are counting every last penny.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
This is the site their link takes you to. If it’s fake it’s the best one I’ve seen. The scammers also would have had to know I had a parcel due.

17397FAD-F8E5-464D-A4CB-707BA3107E47.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Over the weekend I ordered something online. My initial email confirming from the supplier said Royal Mail would deliver it tomorrow (Tuesday).

Today I got an email saying that they would instead deliver it today before 3.30. Then I got another one saying it would instead be before 7.30. Then, finally, at 14.26 that they'd tried to deliver it and we weren't in.

I've been in and in the front room with the dog, who barks at anything, all afternoon and they most certainly haven't been here. Or, if they have, they neither knocked nor rung the bell, They've either gone to the wrong house or entirely not bothered trying to deliver the parcel. DHL managed to get a delivery to us just half an hour before that.

They have now charged me £1.45 online to arrange another deliver in "2-4 days time". No other option existed.

1) Has anyone else had Royal Mail do this to them or have I just been unlucky?
2) Does anyone know if they will have it at the sorting office in the morning if I go there to look for it? If so can I get my money back?

£1.45 is not exactly a fortune but I wonder if they are doing this as a revenue raiser. Some folk are counting every last penny.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is the site their link takes you to. If it’s fake it’s the best one I’ve seen. The scammers also would have had to know I had a parcel due.

View attachment 167851
What email address did the mails come from ?
If scammers, they wouldn’t need to know you had a delivery due, if they send out a million scam emails they’re bound to hit a few that are expecting parcels……

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The scammers won’t know you have a delivery due - they’ll send thousands of those out.

If you’re not expecting anything you’ll delete it. They know that some folk who are expecting something may think it’s legit.

It’s the same as the Barclays account scams - ignored by all those who don’t have a Barclays account, but they might snare a few of those who do bank with them.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I've had regular work post being undelivered stating too little postage recently following price rises, they've gone up quite a bit recently so additional stamps required for large or heavy letters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If scammers, they wouldn’t need to know you had a delivery due, if they send out a million scam emails they’re bound to hit a few that are expecting parcels……

Yeah this is what happened to my partner, got an email proporting to be from her mobile company saying that they had been unable to take payment, on the same week that she had just changed current account. So all seemed plausible on a bleery eyed Sunday morning.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
1696868941492.png

From

no-reply@royalmail.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here