Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Mail 'Guaranteed Delivery' by 1pm (lol)

Aug 23, 2011
i find couriers are often a bit rubbish. I apid for next day delivery once to get there for a birthday (i know partly my fault for leaving it late) and their tracking said out for delivery all day until 9pm at which point it changed to back in depot. I called tehm and they tried to claim that no-one was in despite being in all day. it then took them to the next evening about 7pm to deliver it :rolleyes: This wasn't royal mail.

Also at work we get a delivery using another "speciaist" courier every week shipped at fridge temperature and the samples are worth about £1.5k and this is all correctly documented. One time they froze the parcel and destroyed it and despite admitting full liability they refused to reimburse us due to some small print basically negating the value of the shipment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Speak to you local delivery or call 08456112640.

The Special Delivery Service is RM flag ship, no office should drop below 100% success.
Occasionally 'shit happens', but that's not your problem and you will be compensated accordingly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Speak to you local delivery or call 08456112640.

The Special Delivery Service is RM flag ship, no office should drop below 100% success.
Occasionally 'shit happens', but that's not your problem and you will be compensated accordingly.

Personal invitation to watch the level 2 manager being garrotted for incompetence ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personal invitation to watch the level 2 manager being garrotted for incompetence ???
That is how it should be, as there's no excuse for failure.

The thing with Royal Mail, if you live anywhere other than a city centre you will most definitely miss us when were gone.

In 4 years time (1 year for privatisation and 3 further years for the service guarantee) I'll be bouncing these threads for all the people complaining about RM.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The thing with Royal Mail, if you live anywhere other than a city centre you will most definitely miss us when were gone.

In 4 years time (1 year for privatisation and 3 further years for the service guarantee) I'll be bouncing these threads for all the people complaining about RM.

If RM adopts the new USPS approach to mail delivery we're all ****ed

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

As another RM employee - this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Enlighten me.

I don't think some of my colleagues have adopted decimalisation, yet.

Cluster boxes where the entire street goes to pick up their post from instead of it being delivered through the letter box. In the US they've stopped conventional delivery to any new build properties by dropping the post off in a cluster box and eventually want to extend this all addresses nationwide where they previously delivered to the kerbside or through the door.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cluster boxes where the entire street goes to pick up their post from instead of it being delivered through the letter box. In the US they've stopped conventional delivery to any new build properties by dropping the post off in a cluster box and eventually want to extend this all addresses nationwide where they previously delivered to the kerbside or through the door.
There are people in my office who's delivery could be reduced to 4 drops, and they'd still walk back into the office 5 mins before the end of shift.

In January the US said they would be stopping Saturday deliver.
Bringing it in this month.
Saving $1billion a year :ohmy:.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Royal mail are faceless when it comes to complaints,the prices they charge now they should send a ****ing chauffeur to deliver it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are people in my office who's delivery could be reduced to 4 drops, and they'd still walk back into the office 5 mins before the end of shift.

In January the US said they would be stopping Saturday delivery.
Bringing it in this month.
Saving $1billion a year :ohmy:.

USPS can achieve further massive savings with cluster boxes (costed at $160 per address per annum against $350 per address per annum delivering to the door or kerbside)

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Okay, so my guaranteed delivery before 1pm actually arrived at 1.35, so i've been stuck indoors all day waiting for it.

Was going to complain to them because 1.35 takes the mick a little bit, just seen on their website and it says the won't offer compensation for delivery charges as long as they've attempted to deliver it within 24 hours of the 'guaranteed' delivery time?

Surely this is false advertsing? Is a guarantee not a guarantee anymore? WHAT IS THIS COUNTRY COMING TO!

Has anyone ever bothered complaining about stuff like this and managed to get their delivery charge refunded? It was only about £8 but still... principles and all that.

i think you'll find if you read the small print that you are not entitled to anything as the item was delivered and not lost or damaged. the only person who is liable to receive compensation is the sender who is only entitled to their money back as the service although delivered was not delivered within the agreed time period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here