Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Royal Blood @ Brighton Beach, Saturday 29th July 2023

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he made a mistake, probably time to give them another chance :)
I don't think it was his mistake. They were badly booked/placed in an event with a crowd which obviously wasn't there for them and showed an inevitable apathy to the totally different style of music they were there to see.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Did anyone go to any of the On The Beach gigs this weekend? Trying to work out my pre-gig drinking strategy for this Saturday. Was wondering what beer was on offer and if the queues were manageable. I see last entry is at 1800 which seems to be a bit of piss take.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, Im going & looking forward to it.

The undercard is pretty good as well.

Coach Party were superb at TGE so really looking forward to seeing them again.

Sad that Black Honey aren't on the bill though
I've just picked up a mate's spare. Might see you there!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Did anyone go to any of the On The Beach gigs this weekend? Trying to work out my pre-gig drinking strategy for this Saturday. Was wondering what beer was on offer and if the queues were manageable. I see last entry is at 1800 which seems to be a bit of piss take.
My son is working on the bar.it’s £7 for a can of Madri! At that price unsurprising that the queues weren’t too bad!
They’re getting paid £10ph so someone is making a few bob!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My son is working on the bar.it’s £7 for a can of Madri! At that price unsurprising that the queues weren’t too bad!
They’re getting paid £10ph so someone is making a few bob!!
They’ve probably had to pay an extortionate amount for the pitch. £10k a day or something.

£7 a can isnt that bad, it’s more than £7 a pint. I was at a festival this weekend, £6.75 a 330ml Asahi, £8 a pint on tap !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone got a good place to park as near as possible?!

Appreciate I might have to pay through the nose but am not going to get down there until about 8.30, they're on at 9.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Appreciate I might have to pay through the nose but am not going to get down there until about 8.30, they're on at 9.
last admission has been listed as 6pm for a lot of the on the beach events

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-28-13-44-33-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-28-13-44-33-30_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 42

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove

Marina is probably as good an option as any. You might want to check with organisers on the entry time. Last admittance is supposedly 6pm although I have no idea how rigorously they enforce it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's no way of responding to this without sounding like a massive dickhead, but have been told that won't be an issue, as coming in via a different entrance.

Appreciate the heads up though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As an aside, does anyone know why they enforce the no entry after 6pm rule? Just an excuse to get people in earlier and spending money on their food/drink, or something safety wise?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As an aside, does anyone know why they enforce the no entry after 6pm rule? Just an excuse to get people in earlier and spending money on their food/drink, or something safety wise?
Bit of both generally

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There's no way of responding to this without sounding like a massive dickhead, but have been told that won't be an issue, as coming in via a different entrance.

sorry. just reporting as per what I had been told

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superb work. Personally I’d have cut the apology and made an indirect reference to the entrance you’re using e.g. “not an issue as 6pm is the public’s entrance” but a solid 8/10 none the less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here