Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Royal Blood ... Banging the drum.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
At what was bacially a Radio 1 roadshow?

Edgy!
It's exactly because of where they were playing that its got all this media attention! Theres a history of rock bands sabotaging the performances or interviews that their record labels have forced them in to doing....remember Nirvanas famous miming performance on 'top of the pops' for example!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's exactly because of where they were playing that its got all this media attention! Theres a history of rock bands sabotaging the performances or interviews that their record labels have forced them in to doing....remember Nirvanas famous miming performance on 'top of the pops' for example!
Except this one had a live audience. They were having a go at kids. They should have targetted their booking agent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree to a point, but the one you highlight was done with wit, theirs was nothing more than throwing a sulky strop.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Except this one had a live audience. They were having a go at kids. They should have targetted their booking agent.
Who cares where it was! In the past bands would regularly throw strops on stage and nobody batted an eyelid, now everything they do is dissected and criticised so much by everyone online that it seems like they are shit scared of doing or saying the wrong thing!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who cares where it was! In the past bands would regularly throw strops on stage and nobody batted an eyelid, now everything they do is dissected and criticised so much by everyone online that it seems like they are shit scared of doing or saying the wrong thing!
He behaved like a juvenile twat with anger management issues though. Not a good look. I imagine our BHA supporting drummer was quietly mortified.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The R1 gigs are really for pop music, whereas Royal Blood probably belong to the Reading and Leeds criteria.
Shouldn't have taken gig IMO
Reading and Leeds is shit now.

Hardly any good rock/metal bands play, it's now mostly pop and rap stuff.

As far as I can tell there's not even a dedicated metal/alternative tent anymore.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Reading and Leeds is shit now.

Hardly any good rock/metal bands play, it's now mostly pop and rap stuff.

As far as I can tell there's not even a dedicated metal/alternative tent anymore.
and full of kids burning tents.

Looks pretty much like a no go festival in recent years.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
and full of kids burning tents.

Looks pretty much like a no go festival in recent years.
Yep, tbf I only went for 3 years when I was 17-19, wouldn't go again even if the lineup was good, would rather not spend a weekend with 17 year olds getting off their face and trying drugs for the first time.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mike's tongue is permanently in his cheek when on stage - clearly in a shit mood that day and it came out badly. He didn't call the crowd pathetic (as has been misquoted by BBC and other outlets) - it's not unusual for band to ask for a response and then give a "is that all you got?' - encouraging a greater response. However, as I said he didn't seem in the right frame of mind so it came out completely wrong.

Re: poshness, neither of them are posh or "from money" at all. I think Mike affects a bit of a voice sometimes onstage, a la Alex Turner.

My understanding is he's doing an interview with Greg James at some point soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here