Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Round 4 , who do you want ?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Reduced service between Donny and Sheffield that weekend. The online journey planners haven’t been updated yet - there will only be one Northern service an hour. The TPE trains are terminating at Donny as only running between Cleethorpes and Doncaster
Thanks for info, do you work for the railway?

National Rail Enquiries currently allows me to select multiple advance tickets from Sheffield to Donny. For example, 17.57, 18.05 Northern, 18.12 TPE and 18.54 Cross Country can all be bought for those trains only in advance.

Same going over, 11.15, 11.32 and 11.40 all bookable.

You can also do the Saturday fairly easy if you get an early train Brighton - Luton, rail replacement to Bedford and direct train from Bedford.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
Thanks for info, do you work for the railway?

National Rail Enquiries currently allows me to select multiple advance tickets from Sheffield to Donny. For example, 17.57, 18.05 Northern, 18.12 TPE and 18.54 Cross Country can all be bought for those trains only in advance.

Same going over, 11.15, 11.32 and 11.40 all bookable.

You can also do the Saturday fairly easy if you get an early train Brighton - Luton, rail replacement to Bedford and direct train from Bedford.
I guess it's these engineering works that are causing the disruption: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/engineering-works/sheffield-new-mills-central-20240127/

It doesn't have any warning about the journey planner not being updated yet and does say that there will still be one TPE train per hour. My Yorkshire railway geography isn't great but I think the impact on other operators is for sections other than that between Sheffield and Doncaster. I expect those Northern and Cross Country services you listed are running. Fingers crossed...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I guess it's these engineering works that are causing the disruption: https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/engineering-works/sheffield-new-mills-central-20240127/

It doesn't have any warning about the journey planner not being updated yet and does say that there will still be one TPE train per hour. My Yorkshire railway geography isn't great but I think the impact on other operators is for sections other than that between Sheffield and Doncaster. I expect those Northern and Cross Country services you listed are running. Fingers crossed...
Didn’t realise CrossCountry had started serving Doncaster again. The Northern services and XC will run yes, although XC services are very limited and only 4 or 5 trains a day in each direction stop at Donny.

Depending on the time of going from Donny to Sheffield, there will be a minimum of one train an hour operated by Northern (2 carriages) No TPE (6 carriages) will be operating that section though.

IMG_5258.png
IMG_5258.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here