Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rottingdean Pub bans office Christmas Parties

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I SERIOUSLY doubt this pub gets any bookings for Christmas parties anyway. It seems to me they are using this bullshit as an excuse to plug their Christmas events, they've even got their Christmas opening hours, menu, website and capacity shoehorned into that "article". It's an advert. A shit one.

They look like a pair of desperate, ageing, hipster nauses anyway. Rubs.

Jan 30, 2008
Queen Vic is my local these days, best pub in the village for me.

Black Horse used to be brilliant and I'd go in there almost every day. Haven't been back since the current owners took my mate's money for a round and then wouldn't let us drink them because we'd arrived too late or something. Was very odd.

odd, try going in the Rottingdean club ???
regards
DR

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Does anyone actually go to Rottingdean as a destination for a night out anyway? Other than locals and a people out for a stroll in the summer? "We just want to keep it for locals" smacks of the line from This Is Spinal Tap: "We've finally got that exclusive audience we've been after for years".

You mean nobody booked tickets.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I SERIOUSLY doubt this pub gets any bookings for Christmas parties anyway. It seems to me they are using this bullshit as an excuse to plug their Christmas events, they've even got their Christmas opening hours, menu, website and capacity shoehorned into that "article". It's an advert. A shit one.

They look like a pair of desperate, ageing, hipster nauses anyway. Rubs.

Dunno how the article came about but they're decent guys and the pub seems to be doing well. Good beer and a nice atmosphere.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dunno how the article came about but they're decent guys and the pub seems to be doing well. Good beer and a nice atmosphere.

I'm sure you are right but they come across as a couple of wankers in this piece.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
local-shop.jpg

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Sounds like one of those depressing working men's clubs that hasn't been decorated since 1967 to me.

Certainly looked like it hadn't been decorated since 67 last time I was there (probably 10 years ago now!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here