Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Good thing

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Perhaps in the long run swapping keeper (much like the sweeping changes to the starting line up) will work, but we need to suffer through a (potentially extended) bumpy period for all the players to becoe accustomed to it and start adapting instantly to regular wholesale changes. #hopeful

I think it's a bad thing because Bart isn't as good quite yet with the tippy tappy stuff around the oppo forwards, pretty much two bad errors in his successive Amex games doing that from him. I'm sure he'll get there and be near as enough good as Steele on that (who is the best around) but I don't understand the rush to give him 50% of games this season, he's young let him develop naturally rather than force it so much

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it's a bad thing because Bart isn't as good quite yet with the tippy tappy stuff around the oppo forwards, pretty much two bad errors in his successive Amex games doing that from him. I'm sure he'll get there and be near as enough good as Steele on that (who is the best around) but I don't understand the rush to give him 50% of games this season, he's young let him develop naturally rather than force it so much
Agree.
Add to that his confidence will begin to become affected, and he’ll be more jittery, which then won’t give his defence any assurance.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So this video is primarily about Onana/UTD but interesting section in the second half of the video about how Brighton and Arsenal are thinking about keeper rotation

Not sure the lad really knows what he is talking about, claims Verbruggen has a long ball out to a winger that Steele doesn't have. Steele has an assist for Adingra v Brentford in the States, and one for Mitoma V Brentford last season.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Ones an international goalkeeper and one isn’t.

Pick the international one and keep him playing to get used to his defence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here