Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior's Lap Of Honour At The End

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Club legend in the making. Pretty sure he has come here with a view to a longer term coaching role. Bloody hope so.

With all due respect mate, get a grip. He's only been here five minutes. Lap of honour might well have been spontaneous in this instance, but get the definite feeling at the Albion that certain players are now milking the applause thing to gain an easy ride from the crowd. Its called 'doing a CMS'. I'm pretty sure players have a word amongst themselves about it or get a hint from their agents on how easiest to win the support over.A bit of applauding the Albion faithful at full time and we all go belly-up. Sake!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Yep. Baldock showed a couple of outstanding touches from balls humped up towards him. Hope he picks up another goal or two soon. Tuesday should be a good opportunity (though my natural Albion instinct tells me that it's almost a certainty we will fail to score for the first time all season against the worst defence in the Championship :lol:).

Sadly my thoughts too, I think the Millers will not only park their bus, it'll be parked in the garage at the back behind 15 other buses with a row of sandbags outside the garage and platoon of snipers on the garage roof.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With all due respect mate, get a grip. He's only been here five minutes. Lap of honour might well have been spontaneous in this instance, but get the definite feeling at the Albion that certain players are now milking the applause thing to gain an easy ride from the crowd. Its called 'doing a CMS'. I'm pretty sure players have a word amongst themselves about it or get a hint from their agents on how easiest to win the support over.A bit of applauding the Albion faithful at full time and we all go belly-up. Sake!

We'll see. And CMS was shit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Don't be so cynical.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
So brilliant to have players like this rather than a load of loans who couldnt give a toss.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

BIt harsh. Sounds a genuine reaction to the day to me rather than anything self serving. Especially as he clapped the Hull fans first. This is how he explained it in a post match interview.

"its been a very difficult few weeks for everyone concerned ...It hits home. The lads have to drive in past [the site of the Shoreham accident] every day to get into training. It was in all of our minds today. The manager said before the game. Make everyone proud. I think the tribute pre-match showed the class of the football club. I’m delighted to be a part of it... I ran around the pitch afterwards just to applaud all of the fans because it was a very difficult day and hopefully we can make it a season to remember and a tribute on the pitch as well"
via BBC Sussex.
https://audioboom.com/boos/3566988-...-on-win-over-hull-tribute-to-shoreham-victims

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They loved him at Hull and McLaren/the board got absolutely slated for letting him go. Seems like Stockdale - true clubman.

Anyway, just a view. If they both turn out to be mercenaries then so be it. I just tend to think they might not be. I have 'a grip'.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
They loved him at Hull and McLaren/the board got absolutely slated for letting him go. Seems like Stockdale - true clubman.

Anyway, just a view. If they both turn out to be mercenaries then so be it. I just tend to think they might not be. I have 'a grip'.
Bruce/the board but otherwise completely agree. ;)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

How long did it take you think of that one, 'doing a CMS'? What garbage.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Miserable git.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013

Wow that is quite cynical . Not sure if it has already been posted but if you get a chance listen to Rosenior's post match interview. He spoke with real intelligence and integrity about his move to the Albion, how it was a big decision for him and how much he is enjoying life on and off pitch here. He also spoke about how the air show tragedy has had a very real affect upon the club and how impressed he has been with the response. His lap of honour was both spontaneous and joyous but more importantly brought a smile to a lot of faces after what had been an afternoon full of emotions.
Like so much of yesterday it was a sincere and perfect act.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Liam Rosenior says Albion are showing the same spirit Hull had when he helped them win promotion to the Premier League.

Rosenior made his full home debut against his old club in the 1-0 victory at the Amex which has the Seagulls sitting pretty at the top of the Championship, four points clear after six games.

Rosenior, promoted with Hull in 2012-13, told The Argus: “It’s been a great start. One thing that was apparent in the Hull team was we had good players, for sure, but everyone was willing to work for each other and there was a spirit and camaraderie among the group when things were against us.

“They were in the second half when Hull had a lot of possession. Everyone was willing to fight and run and battle and tackle for each other.

“Initially they are the ingredients you need to be successful and so far we have showed a lot of character in games, especially at Ipswich coming back. We need to keep that going. You see when we score goals it’s not just us celebrating. You see the bench celebrating, the staff. The players disappointed not to start still want us to do well.”

Summer signing Rosenior, the last player off the pitch, has also been impressed by the compassion of the club and supporters in the aftermath of the Shoreham Airshow disaster.

Saturday’s match was dedicated to the 11 victims, including groundstaff member Matt Grimstone and his Worthing United colleague and Albion fan Jacob Schilt.

Rosenior said: “I went round the pitch because it’s been a very difficult time for everyone in this area and I just wanted to show my gratitude. The support they gave us was fantastic and we are going to need them if we are going to have a successful season.

“You see here how people care about each other, even people that were not immediately affected showed the care they have for the situation those families are in.

“I thought everything had a touch of class about it. That’s one of the reasons I joined this football club. It’s a Premier League club in waiting and hopefully I can help that become a reality.”

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Liam Rosenior says Albion are showing the same spirit Hull had when he helped them win promotion to the Premier League.

Rosenior made his full home debut against his old club in the 1-0 victory at the Amex which has the Seagulls sitting pretty at the top of the Championship, four points clear after six games.

Rosenior, promoted with Hull in 2012-13, told The Argus: “It’s been a great start. One thing that was apparent in the Hull team was we had good players, for sure, but everyone was willing to work for each other and there was a spirit and camaraderie among the group when things were against us.

“They were in the second half when Hull had a lot of possession. Everyone was willing to fight and run and battle and tackle for each other.

“Initially they are the ingredients you need to be successful and so far we have showed a lot of character in games, especially at Ipswich coming back. We need to keep that going. You see when we score goals it’s not just us celebrating. You see the bench celebrating, the staff. The players disappointed not to start still want us to do well.”

Summer signing Rosenior, the last player off the pitch, has also been impressed by the compassion of the club and supporters in the aftermath of the Shoreham Airshow disaster.

Saturday’s match was dedicated to the 11 victims, including groundstaff member Matt Grimstone and his Worthing United colleague and Albion fan Jacob Schilt.

Rosenior said: “I went round the pitch because it’s been a very difficult time for everyone in this area and I just wanted to show my gratitude. The support they gave us was fantastic and we are going to need them if we are going to have a successful season.

“You see here how people care about each other, even people that were not immediately affected showed the care they have for the situation those families are in.

“I thought everything had a touch of class about it. That’s one of the reasons I joined this football club. It’s a Premier League club in waiting and hopefully I can help that become a reality.”

hopefully this puts the cynicism to bed. as the Hull fans said when he joined us Rosenoir is a very very good man. He's genuine and connects the team with the fans (as do Hemed, BZ albeit in different ways). I think we have a few potential club legends around at the moment, and Rosenior is top of the list along with Stockdale after the last couple of weeks (wonder if the memorial was cause of the less focused aspects of his performance on Saturday? )

#Together

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I honestly thought it was as simple as him being absolutely delighted at beating his old club. Every tackle he put in had a bit extra in it, didn't seem like there was much love lost between him and a few of their players. He clearly wanted to get one over on his old club, and I thought his little walk at the end was a bit of a spontaneous sign of how pleased he was with the result. We'll have to wait and see if it happens regularly or not I guess.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why on EARTH did they release him?

I was delighted with the signing when I just thought DEFENDER.

I didn't realise he could also be a WING WIZARD.

What a find.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Rosenior is top of the list along with Stockdale after the last couple of weeks (wonder if the memorial was cause of the less focused aspects of his performance on Saturday? )

That thought crossed my mind about Stockdale. He seems to have really taken the Shoreham situation to heart so it was possibly understandable he'd be affected early on. More time to reflect on what had just gone on than the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here