Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior in the squad for tomorrow

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whilst some were moaning and saying we should get another LB in (which would cost money) and the club did try to keep Ridgewell for another week or two, Liam is very near to playing and Bong is close behind. We might have to go a match or maybe two with Inigo, but then we have a first choice and decent back up available.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I didn't say he was playing!
I didn't say you did. I'm delighted that he's even in the squad, but I'm not getting my hopes up that he's playing yet.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Great news. However, when Bong is back where would Liam fit in to the squad?

He had been playing on the wing a bit before the left back cover and surely we now have all the wingers we need?

Maybe the wing when away and not wanting to play two pacey wingers?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
IMO, he'll start with Calde and if Calde is struggling then Rosenior will come on.

Calde has filled in admirably a few times this season.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

He had been playing on the wing a bit before the left back cover and surely we now have all the wingers we need?

Probably on the bench instead of Calderon.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I think there's still plenty of opportunity for Rosenior. He'll be a fantastic option for right back, left back or right midfield for the rest of the season. I wouldn't rule out playing him wide in a 4-4-2 in tough away games instead of going 4-3-3 (which I assume we will tomorrow). Also, if he's ahead of Bong, it'll give Bong more time to get fully fit before coming back in.

Longer term though, I think he'll be first choice right back next season with Bruno a year older.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think there's still plenty of opportunity for Rosenior. He'll be a fantastic option for right back, left back or right midfield for the rest of the season. I wouldn't rule out playing him wide in a 4-4-2 in tough away games instead of going 4-3-3 (which I assume we will tomorrow). Also, if he's ahead of Bong, it'll give Bong more time to get fully fit before coming back in.

Longer term though, I think he'll be first choice right back next season with Bruno a year older.

Good post.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Must be some sort of superman he was on crutches 11 days ago , i guess times have changed in the treatment of injuries as all i can remember for a injury on a sunday morning was a couple of squirts of Ralgex down my pants from big Ernie half a orange and a couple of drags on a Rothmans .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
IMO, he'll start with Calde and if Calde is struggling then Rosenior will come on.

Calde has filled in admirably a few times this season.

Calde has filled in admirably across the years. He has very rarely let us down. Something those who are quick to poopoo him should remember. It was good he got a few minutes on Saturday as prep for tomorrow.

Great news about Liam. He would always be in my squad because he can cover so many positions (both FBs; both wide positions). My guess is that CH would only use him in an emergency tomorrow.

PG

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Must be some sort of superman he was on crutches 11 days ago , i guess times have changed in the treatment of injuries as all i can remember for a injury on a sunday morning was a couple of squirts of Ralgex down my pants from big Ernie half a orange and a couple of drags on a Rothmans .

That was only for long term injuries

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Great post!

I think I was thinking far too short term and about Brunos current form rather than fact he is 35! Would be a great option out wide however I love the wingers we have at the moment

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Great post!

I think I was thinking far too short term and about Brunos current form rather than fact he is 35! Would be a great option out wide however I love the wingers we have at the moment

Yes, agree re current wingers, especially with LuaLua and Skalak not starting but do wonder whether we'll go to Middlesbrough for example with two out and out wingers so Rosenior is a good alternative and keeps the 4-4-2, which I think Hughton prefers to 4-3-3. We'll see but he's definitely a fantastic option to have.

Also, don't think Bruno has missed a league game all season so it would be good to give him a rest at some point when Rosenior and Bong are both fit.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The timing is spot on - there was a TV interview a few months back when Liam said he was hoping to be back in contention for the Leeds game.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes, agree re current wingers, especially with LuaLua and Skalak not starting but do wonder whether we'll go to Middlesbrough for example with two out and out wingers so Rosenior is a good alternative and keeps the 4-4-2, which I think Hughton prefers to 4-3-3. We'll see but he's definitely a fantastic option to have.

Also, don't think Bruno has missed a league game all season so it would be good to give him a rest at some point when Rosenior and Bong are both fit.

Bruno has been fantastic and it would be nice to bring on Rosenior for the last 25 minutes in some games especially if we are a couple up, and in the future if Bruno picks up an injury then Rosenoir can slot straight in, with Bong on the other flank.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I've not checked this, but my memory tells me the last few seasons Bruno has started to pick up injuries about now and struggled for games. Could be wrong

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Might be a risk too great to bring him into the first team for Hull - has he had any game time in the stiffs?

Seem to remember CMS and Harley had several DS games prior to getting anywhere near a first team return.

A welcome option nonetheless ....

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Could be an interesting looking bench tomorrow night.

unusual bench.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've GONE large on A 'boro HULL double

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here