Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rory Stewart

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So you’d rather have marxists or nationalists, both with racist followers, in power, over centrist politicians?

I see you have failed to have been lured into the oven by the meaty smell of grizzling gammon. Who knew? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is an unreal post.

Do you really think the Lib Dems are more extreme and divisive than the Tories under Johnson and Labour under Corbyn.

I mean really????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:lolol: Sometimes I am tempted to unblock him for the comedy. Oh, hang on, no, no I don't. Not ever :lolol:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Democracy works in this and most countries because we all operate on the understanding that the result of a democratic event is respected and enacted no matter the outcome ... breaking that principle fatally undermines our system pushing people to the extremes (see Corbyn/Boris).

You do realise, don’t you, that in order to enact their policy, they would need to win a democratic vote?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I guess he’s obsessed with Brexit. Despite being right wing, he’d rather have anti-EU Corbyn lead the country out of the EU, than have those evil LibDems have any power.

A single issue punter.

A shame really. I liked chatting with him a couple of years ago, till he called me a commie-loving shirt-lifter (or somesuch). I don't like having my hobbies mocked.

punk::thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A shame really. I liked chatting with him a couple of years ago, till he called me a commie-loving shirt-lifter (or somesuch). I don't like having my hobbies mocked.

punk::thumbsup:

I just had a look at NSC Moderating Decisions. It’s amazing how many trolling/racist combative types have been banned over the last 18 months. You’d duelled with many of them :smile:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I hope politicians of ‘the middle ground thrive’ in future elections and within parties.

In a remarkably short time, intolerant right and left wing class warriors have taken control of the two main parties, preaching to the converted in Nuremberg style rallies, populism on steroids. A charter for racists, anti-semites, people who simply hate others not like them. Fuelled by fake internet news, sick race theories.

I really don't, but I really hope that there are more MPs of the calibre, resolve, articulacy, courage and generosity of Rory Stewart.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So you’d rather have marxists or nationalists, both with racist followers, in power, over centrist politicians?

For once, I actually have a certain sympathy for what JCFG is saying. Jo Swinson has been about as dreadful as the other new leader that 'ascended' to their party leadership over the summer. Her craven desire to create an opportunity by backing revoking article 50 is about the worst decision made in this Brexit process.

I don't want Brexit, but if it's achieved through revoking article 50, I'm out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For once, I actually have a certain sympathy for what JCFG is saying. Jo Swinson has been about as dreadful as the other new leader that 'ascended' to their party leadership over the summer. Her craven desire to create an opportunity by backing revoking article 50 is about the worst decision made in this Brexit process.

I voted Remain too.

Jo Swinson has gone down the cheap populism slogans route, treating the 52% as if they don’t exist, that they don’t match her self importance. Plus the “prepare for (biggest party at the next GE) government” speech was as cringeworthy as David Steele’s famous conference speech pre a mid-80’s GE. Ashdown, Clegg and Campbell had more gravitas INHi, more class, were more Liberal.

The LibDems will undoubtedly pick up a load of Remain votes and seats in outer London, the SW and SE, as the Tories have become a Brexit party, but not due to the forgettable Swinson’s arrogant soundbites.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What do you mean, independent thinking, like Comrade anti-semitic Livingstone?

Well I am off hunting to put food on the table, I suppose you're off to spray paint over somewhere and feel hard done by.

Funnily enough I've been decorating today, I'm annoying good at it.

Livingstone was two fingers up to New Labour who tried to stop him. He was a great Mayor, hasn't been as good since. As soon as he ran out of steam (and his mates brought him down) Boris was elected because he couldn't have been any different and that was two fingers up to Gordon Brown.

Khan was elected as two fingers up to Tories and the disgraceful racist campaign led by Boris's chum Goldsmith.

Khan is a bit bland and I suspect Rory Stewart has a good chance of getting in. That will be too fingers up to the nasty right wing that have taken over your party.

I can explain the above with glove puppets if you like, I'm quite flexible.

Now back to your cave.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Only problem with that is that labour were in power when Livingstone became mayor.

Two out of three ain’t bad. :)

You missed the "or their party" bit. Livingstone wasn't a member of the Labour party when he was elected, he stood as an independent against Labour's official candidate.

They threw him out when he stood against Frank Dobson.

Londoners thought that was bollocks and elected Ken. That was two fingers to New Labour.

Do keep up.

I was highly critical of Ken towards the end (due to shenanigans of his hangers on and his defence of them) and remember getting LOADS of grief from London Irish on here.

I remember his quote to this day.
Ken doesn't need enemies when he has friends like you.

Wonder how LI views Ken today ?

My views on Ken ? Great Mayor, but tw@t towards the end. Had to go.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The LibDems are probably the most extreme, divisive force in British politics today, unfortunately, most of their followers are too arrogant or stupid to understand there are consequences (usually unpleasant) when democratic votes are wilfully ignored.

I am a member of the Lib Dem party and I take your comment as a badge of honour. Your emotive words show you're worried that a party once decimated now is set to play an important part in the political debate.

Shock horror - the Lib Dems are Remain, to our core, it's in our DNA, hard-wired, always was, always will be.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Err, I wonder why he is running for Mayor, could it be that he is a staunch REMOANER and looking to get some power because London is a remain city?

While Bailey is a tory and a Brexit man, and obviously a racist because all Brexit voters have to be.

Rory really does want revenge on Boris, he is a sad man.:nono::nono:

He needs a paperweight stuck on his head, that should feck him up.

In what way would running for Mayor of London give him revenge on Boris?

He is worth ten of Boris. Of the candidates standing for party leader, in my view he was the only one with any chance of bringing people together.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I really don't, but I really hope that there are more MPs of the calibre, resolve, articulacy, courage and generosity of Rory Stewart.

My thoughts as well in every respect!👍

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sore LOSER.

Heard him being interviewed over the PM race and thought he was a bit of a ponce with little substance. Actions post the appointment of Boris confirms it for me.

Bizarre post.

He's leaving the party as an independent and going for Mayor. Our best Mayor was independent.

Like many non Londoners on here who claim to have a view on it's politics, pretend to have a preference but have no vote, your views are meaningless.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

You're attacking a centrist politician for standing up for what she believes in and cutting the bullshit of a second referendum? Isn't it patently obvious the Brexit dream is a lie?? Fair play to her for calling it now. The British people have been right royally mugged off, £350 mill bus indeed! No plan whatsoever. We're 2 weeks away from the point of no return and no one has a clue what's going on. Absolutely f*cking shambles.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sore LOSER.

Heard him being interviewed over the PM race and thought he was a bit of a ponce with little substance. Actions post the appointment of Boris confirms it for me.

I'm sure the gammons are lining up to support you.

Such little substance that he was deputy governor of two Iraqi provinces, lectured at Havard, won writers awards and is an expert on international development.

Oh, and he has walked from Turkey to Nepal, often in winter.

Suggest you read 'The Place In Between' and perhaps ask yourself if that if he has little substance then what makes you more...substantial.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Places-Between-Rory-Stewart/dp/0330486349

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here