Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rory Stewart

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Doesn't like him much does he?

Ah well, dirty business Politics...

It's a great takedown but I think the last paragraph is the most important. He points out that Johnson's successful because we don't value honesty and public service enough.

So, by all means enjoy Stewart's coruscating prose but look at ourselves too. It's how we've ended up with Johnson and Trump and there's a bunch of rogues and rascals ready to take their place.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
It's a great takedown but I think the last paragraph is the most important. He points out that Johnson's successful because we don't value honesty and public service enough.

So, by all means enjoy Stewart's coruscating prose but look at ourselves too. It's how we've ended up with Johnson and Trump and there's a bunch of rogues and rascals ready to take their place.

Ah well, never thought he was much more than a reasonable Have I Got News for You presenter, certainly has the personal morals of a Polecat, but what else had the Tories to offer?

Still better than Corbyn, which Labour should reflect upon, anyway their best politician is clearly doing a job up in Manchester, probably biding his time?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ah well, never thought he was much more than a reasonable Have I Got News for You presenter, certainly has the personal morals of a Polecat, but what else had the Tories to offer?

Still better than Corbyn, which Labour should reflect upon, anyway their best politician is clearly doing a job up in Manchester, probably biding his time?

I think that's also his point: we're not going to attract a better calibre of politician if we keep rewarding mendacity and deviousness (although I suspect that Stewart has one such person in mind - an ex-diplomat with the initials RS).

This is not party political,I think it's a fair point about Labour too. I think they're better than the Stories but not that much better.

I agree about our friend in the north. I gamble rarely but actually had a pint on him being next leader just after Corbyn was elected. I didn't bet on him leaving the Commons

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Tom Bowers book was guaranteed to be a hagiography once his wife, Veronica Wadley, ex senior advisor to Boris Johnson while Mayor of London, was " granted" a life peerage this year..... Obviously Johnson never jumped his Mrs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here