Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roony Bardghji

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same SAUCE that told me Brighton were keen on David Fofana now tells me that the club is closely following Roony Bardghji. Sure, a lot of clubs follow him but Brighton "appear to be one of the most interested" (not my words).

He is a recently turned 17 year old Swedish winger playing for FC Copenhagen in Denmark. Made his debut last year just days after turning 16.

These are all? or some of his actions (probably says more about a player than a highlight compilation) in the game against Bröndby earlier this year:

Contract ends in just one year and it is unknown if he wants to sign a new one, so FCK will probably be looking to sell him ASAP.

Would love if this happened, he's the most exciting Swedish talent ever (and that includes Zlatan).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Doh…thought this was going to be about Indian food …pity
I got excited too at this prospect.
6FB1B16A-0CA3-4A3E-9740-67F982E51121.jpeg

8125E07C-168C-49C2-BBAD-0E025EECF26F.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He certainly fits the profile of the type of player we would be interested in. 3 goals and a assist this season mainly coming off the bench looks impressive at his age, he has also started their Champions League draw against Dortmund. Hopefully Maty Ryan can put in a good word for us.

According to Transfermarkt his contract expires 31st Dec 2023 about 6 weeks after he turns 18. FIFA rules stop us signing him until he turns 18 so I'm not sure we can get involved if Copenhagen do decide to cash in before then.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He certainly fits the profile of the type of player we would be interested in. 3 goals and a assist this season mainly coming off the bench looks impressive at his age, he has also started their Champions League draw against Dortmund. Hopefully Maty Ryan can put in a good word for us.

According to Transfermarkt his contract expires 31st Dec 2023 about 6 weeks after he turns 18. FIFA rules stop us signing him until he turns 18 so I'm not sure we can get involved if Copenhagen do decide to cash in before then.
not that simple, there's a whole plethora of possible exceptions to that rule, they consider each transfer on a case by case basis. had a look at the rules and tbh I'm having a hard time understanding it all myself, but it appears there is a possibility that we could work around that by moving his parents too.

either that or he just signs a contract to agree to join us upon the expiration of his current deal

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's been days or possibly even weeks since we last signed a teenage wonderkid so I'm all for it. Particularly as we don't have and never have had a Swedish one. And if Swanny says he's a better prospect than Zlatan...holy f*** lets get him!

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020

We can buy him from them before he turns 18 but he would remain their player until the first transfer window after he turns 18.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Anyone else notice that Roony is in age, style, build and technique, extremely similar to the World Champion’s next superstar, Facundo Buonanotte?

Both predominantly left footed playing on the inside right in the attacking third. Both brilliant dribblers, astonishing touch and vision and are both on the stocky/powerful side physically.

I’d love this Swede-Bhaji fella but if we miss out (to Chelsea), we shouldn’t worry too much because we have an almost identical player joining up next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here