Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Room 101 - What are you putting in ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Breakfast news in fact ANY programme with two presenters who finish off each others introduction.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Premier League, Sky Sports and all seated Stadia

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cyclists, cyclists and cyclists. Taking out their frustrations with motorists on pedestrians.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
People who open their bag, purse then wallet AFTER reaching the cash point. Count the money AT the cash point and then reverse the original action AT the cash point.

Unlike the majority of the population who are quite able to walk and do other things at the same time.

What exactly are they going to do if the money is wrong. Have an argument WITH the cash point ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Calling the above machine an ATM.

Referring to biscuits as cookies.

Referring to small cakes as cup cakes.

Referring to match fitness as "game time".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
People who have decided science isn't for them and indulge in homoeopathy and detox diets.

Now to clarify that, I belief the the body is better than medicine at healing and there are huge gaps in our understanding in how (for instance) pain can be managed without pumping people with drugs.

But I struggle to believe that water has a memory because one person said so and the body stores toxins through eating that can be eliminated through eating other foods.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I've got too many to mention.

To start off being served food on a chopping board or a flipping roof tile in a restaurant.

Closely followed by ever being asked to introduce myself to the person on the left in whatever context.

I went to a restaurant, a few weeks ago, where they served my steak on a slab of thick polished stone heated up to something like 400 degrees.
When I raised an eyebrow at the waitress she explained; " That's the way steak is served here, on 'hot rocks'."
She then proceeded to say that you turn the meat and cut into it so that you can take it off when it is cooked to your preference.
I can see and appreciate the novelty effect but couldn't help myself saying; " So as well as paying top dollar, I have to cook my meal myself. "
Followed by looks of disapproval from everyone at the table, I wasn't having ago, just making an observation.:rolleyes:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
People who don't have their money ready when queuing in a shop to pay for their items and then spend 10 minutes trying to find it when it is time to pay.
Linesman.
People watching football who let the wind take their carrier bag across the pitch.
Socks that vanish in the wash.
People who wear odd socks.
Southern rail.
Dissapointing beer that I have to drink anyway because I spent £3.50 on it.
Swede (The vegetable).
People who stop to have a chat in the middle of the pavement or an aisle in a shop.
People who moan about politicians but don't vote.
Biscuits that break whist being dunked.
Modern art and the people who like it.
The people that decided Shakespeare and peotry that doesnt even ryhme should be studied at schools.
People who go to the gym.
People who can't cook properly on a barbecue. It's not that difficult.
Clothes shopping.
Really small cuts that are itchy.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
People who have decided science isn't for them and indulge in homoeopathy and detox diets.

Now to clarify that, I belief the the body is better than medicine at healing and there are huge gaps in our understanding in how (for instance) pain can be managed without pumping people with drugs.

But I struggle to believe that water has a memory because one person said so and the body stores toxins through eating that can be eliminated through eating other foods.

You need to look at the research that goes into this.
So many chemicals are introduced into foods now that the body was not meant to ingest.
When you realise what some of these preservatives etc. are made from it is an eye opener.
I have used a couple of natural alternatives, after pharmaceutical products were no help, and got surprising results.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ha, ha. Can I add respectively people who moan about people who don't vote particularly Australians who 1) Have a completely different electoral system 2) Completely misunderstand their own system where it completely acceptable to turn up but not select a candidate and 3) anyone who fails to understand that voting in an area with a safe seat is a complete waste of time unless you vote for the obvious winner 4) "Apathy" is often political.

I'd ban polls.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You need to look at the research that goes into this.
So many chemicals are introduced into foods now that the body was not meant to ingest.
When you realise what some of these preservatives etc. are made from it is an eye opener.
I have used a couple of natural alternatives, after pharmaceutical products were no help, and got surprising results.

I have. Detoxification is b######. You can obviously not eat foods that poison you, but detox is based on the belief that eating other food detoxifies.

Think about the word. An industry has developed surrounding selling you things, whilst the focus should be on NOT buying things.

I have no problem with alternative remedies or natural things. I grow tea tree in my garden in London !

When understood they often become the usual.

Homoeopathy frankly isn't one of them. It isn't natural it's nothing.

Diluting something to such an extent it can't be measured scientifically on the basis that water has memory and then
charging more than many over the counter (often natural remedies) I'm sorry....

If it's so brilliant, give it away for pennies. It's all it's worth.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ha, ha. Can I add respectively people who moan about people who don't vote particularly Australians who 1) Have a completely different electoral system 2) Completely misunderstand their own system where it completely acceptable to turn up but not select a candidate and 3) anyone who fails to understand that voting in an area with a safe seat is a complete waste of time unless you vote for the obvious winner 4) "Apathy" is often political.

I'd ban polls.

You got that right, voting here is quite complicated and given that the average Australian thinks that it is an achievement to be able to tie their own shoe laces, you realise how challenging it can be.
Voting for list of preferences is crazy, 1st, 2nd, 3rd preference etc. It should be one vote for the one you want and that's it.
I think that everyone who can vote should vote and if they don't vote then they can't complain about who is elected.
If I have no confidence in any of the candidates and think I can do a better job, I draw another box at the bottom of the list and write 'Me' alongside it and tick that one.
I know it will make no difference but it is my own way of protesting.
Are you sure you're not Wolfie Smith.................."Come the revolution!"

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have. Detoxification is b######. You can obviously not eat foods that poison you, but detox is based on the belief that eating other food detoxifies.

Think about the word. An industry has developed surrounding selling you things, whilst the focus should be on NOT buying things.

I have no problem with alternative remedies or natural things. I grow tea tree in my garden in London !

When understood they often become the usual.

Homoeopathy frankly isn't one of them. It isn't natural it's nothing.

Diluting something to such an extent it can't be measured scientifically on the basis that water has memory and then
charging more than many over the counter (often natural remedies) I'm sorry....

If it's so brilliant, give it away for pennies. It's all it's worth.

Yeah, I get that.
I hate putting prescription medicine inside me, but know that sometimes I have no choice.
That is usually my first alternative and as I don't get sick very often, I don't have to do many times.
I only turn to alternatives when the prescribed drugs are not helping and to be honest the ones that I take are concentrated rather than ones just having trace elements.
It can be a total rip off as you say, just like astrology and horoscopes etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People who open their bag, purse then wallet AFTER reaching the cash point. Count the money AT the cash point and then reverse the original action AT the cash point.

Unlike the majority of the population who are quite able to walk and do other things at the same time.

What exactly are they going to do if the money is wrong. Have an argument WITH the cash point ?

100% this, but including people (usually women) at the till in a shop that don't have money/card ready when the total rings up and have to delve into their cavernous handbags to find their purse. Why are you surprised you have to pay ??

Drivers using disabled parking bays when they're patently not.

People who can't chew with their mouth closed

Mobile phone keypad tones, especially on early morning trains (tap tappity tap.....)

Actually, stopping now. I could go on all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here