Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Ronnie O'sullivan speaks the truth

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The miniature railway I was commenting on in the post you quoted, is in Goffs Park in Crawley.
Yeah I realised that afterwards (hence the edit).
I can't think of any other reason to go to Crawley either to be honest but it's not something I feel particularly strongly about. I deal with it by, erm, not going there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah I realised that afterwards (hence the edit).
I can't think of any other reason to go to Crawley either to be honest but it's not something I feel particularly strongly about. I deal with it by, erm, not going there.
There is a good Theatre and excellent Sports Centre (maybe not the best for Snooker Tournaments), Tilgate Park is great, the Nature Centre there is no longer free, but is a decent visit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Harsh.

I can't possibly comment because I'm trying to rehabilitate myself with the Crawley dwellers, one of who has got the serious hump with me after I recounted tales of 1980.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm pondering a 3 day visit, with the bike, checking out the old haunts, get the train to Horsham, and the long train journey to Arundel. Like wot I did 44 years ago every weekend.

Has to be done.
Not the serious hump, just moderately niggled.

Jimmy Grimble

This is very good :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I find O’Sullivan’s manner with his ‘meh’ attitude to competing and winning, pretty underwhelming and an insult to his opponents. I love watching him play but I’d really like to see him being a bit more gracious.
He has mental health issues. The fact he has prevailed, the fact he has found a rubric, the fact he has insight, has sough help, the fact he is still the winner he is.....

Legend. Absolute legend.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems Ronnie really went after Carter in the post-match press conference that was embargoed until 6am this morning...

“He needs to sort his f***ing life out. I’m not going to skirt around it anymore, tip-toeing on egg shells around someone like that. He’s a f***ing nightmare.

“Playing snooker against someone like that is a nightmare. He’s not a nice person. It’s not a nice vibe he leaves around the table. I’ve said my piece, I don’t give a s**t. I’ve said it now, done.

“You know what he’s like, everybody knows what he’s like. He’s got issues. F***ing why has he got issues with me? I’m not having it. I don’t care, grow some balls.

“I don’t give a f**k, I don’t give a f**k about any of these snooker players, any of them. The more he brings it on, the more I f***ing punish him every time. He’s just digging a grave for himself.

“I don’t give a f**k. That’s it, I’ve said my piece. He’s got beef with me. He’s got issues, he’s got to sort his life out, he’s got to see a counsellor or something.

“He’s got to deal with that because that’s no good. He’s got to sort it out, because I haven’t spoken to him for 20 years. I played with him when he was a kid and shared a lot of stuff with him. For him to come out and try to trash talk me like that, do you know what?

“He can have one of them [middle finger], he can sit on it as far as I’m concerned.”

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For him to come out and try to trash talk me like that, do you know what?

What did the Captain say in the way of trash talking?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Seems Ronnie really went after Carter in the post-match press conference that was embargoed until 6am this morning...

“He needs to sort his f***ing life out. I’m not going to skirt around it anymore, tip-toeing on egg shells around someone like that. He’s a f***ing nightmare.

“Playing snooker against someone like that is a nightmare. He’s not a nice person. It’s not a nice vibe he leaves around the table. I’ve said my piece, I don’t give a s**t. I’ve said it now, done.

“You know what he’s like, everybody knows what he’s like. He’s got issues. F***ing why has he got issues with me? I’m not having it. I don’t care, grow some balls.

“I don’t give a f**k, I don’t give a f**k about any of these snooker players, any of them. The more he brings it on, the more I f***ing punish him every time. He’s just digging a grave for himself.

“I don’t give a f**k. That’s it, I’ve said my piece. He’s got beef with me. He’s got issues, he’s got to sort his life out, he’s got to see a counsellor or something.

“He’s got to deal with that because that’s no good. He’s got to sort it out, because I haven’t spoken to him for 20 years. I played with him when he was a kid and shared a lot of stuff with him. For him to come out and try to trash talk me like that, do you know what?

“He can have one of them [middle finger], he can sit on it as far as I’m concerned.”

They'll draw each other at the Crucible now, you wait

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton

Carter is particularly unlikeable though.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Should be more of it really. Being Genuine. It’s well known that they don’t get on and I would have far less respect for Ronnie if he came out and spoke a lot of false crap about Carter…. Oh he played well and he will win one in the future etc etc

Why not say it how you see it?

I’m sure everyone here has someone they can’t personally stand, so can relate 😊

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Seems a bit harsh to me. I didn't see amything from Carter before or after the match that was anything disrespectful towards Ronnie
You would think he would be quite happy to win yet another tournament.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seems a bit harsh to me. I didn't see amything from Carter before or after the match that was anything disrespectful towards Ronnie
You would think he would be quite happy to win yet another tournament.

Turns out The Captain was trash talking the Rocket by accusing him of 'snotting' all over the table and it's surrounds. Blowing his nose on the baize. Incredibly poor if true but surely the TV camera's would have picked this up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here