Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald does palace

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
To settle the debate he got a ticket for Palace through a player. Are we gonna moan about family and friends of players getting tickets? Pretty much everyone was desperate for a ticket for this game, if you were offered a ticket, as a Brighton fan, you wouldn’t say no. I’ve had a pint with him at a few away games, he’s definitely not a palace fan, he’s a really nice chap. When I visited Dortmund I bought a pin badge and a scarf, despite staying with Leverkusen fans for a collection. I’ve only ever turned down one ticket which was a ticket in the Sold Out Oldham away end at Salford because I’d rather it went to an Oldham fan not a Brighton groundhopper who can easily get one in the home end.

And if he moves on when the Ecuadorians go, so what? As a fanbase if we want to be a big club we need to gate keep a lot less.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can we not make out there's some great groundswell of opposition to Ronald's vLogs on here?

I was tagged into his tweet earlier today and I responded as follows, which I do genuinely think is how he has been received by Albion fans broadly, including on here...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ronald (Not Roland) has had to take to twitter to defend himself due to rubbish written in this thread..
Here is a guy raising our profile in South America who dedicates himself to going to all the games and is a ST holder.

As he says he is a football fan but obviously follows us due to our Ecuadorean contingent. No different to someone living in say Malmo going to watch them if they had a Brighton player on loan.

I really enjoy his vlogs and hope he carries on despite being called Roland Rat by certain individuals.

Typical Social Media rubbish. Just looking on here, his video for the CPFC game had 12 likes and the person slating him got 4.

Statistically he's liked 3x as much as disliked.

He should learn to live with that. Personally I like him and if/when the Ecuadorians move on and he does , then he'll go with my best wishes.

At the end of the day, 21,000 people have seen the video and that can only be good for raising our profile.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
:shrug:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Can we not make out there's some great groundswell of opposition to Ronald's vLogs on here?

I was tagged into his tweet earlier today and I responded as follows, which I do genuinely think is how he has been received by Albion fans broadly, including on here...

Good reply Bozza :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Isn't it mainly - looking at this thread alone - just one poster having a pop at him? And that poster is a Spurs fan, not an Albion one?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To settle the debate he got a ticket for Palace through a player. Are we gonna moan about family and friends of players getting tickets? Pretty much everyone was desperate for a ticket for this game, if you were offered a ticket, as a Brighton fan, you wouldn’t say no. I’ve had a pint with him at a few away games, he’s definitely not a palace fan, he’s a really nice chap. When I visited Dortmund I bought a pin badge and a scarf, despite staying with Leverkusen fans for a collection. I’ve only ever turned down one ticket which was a ticket in the Sold Out Oldham away end at Salford because I’d rather it went to an Oldham fan not a Brighton groundhopper who can easily get one in the home end.

And if he moves on when the Ecuadorians go, so what? As a fanbase if we want to be a big club we need to gate keep a lot less.
I’ve used player comps back in the day. When football was less glamorous and we took hundreds away, rather than thousands, the players would often have spares. I got a spare off Larry May at Birmingham because we happened to get to the ground at the same time as the players’ coach, Jock the kit man was often good for comps and I worked with Ian Chapman’s Mrs so that was another source.

I agree we can’t be gatekeeping and, for the moment, it’s great to see Japanese and Ecuadorian fans in The Amex. We do need to make sure it doesn’t affect the atmosphere and disadvantage long term Brighton fans though (who are unlikely to get a ticket from a foreign player). And Ronald goes to every game now and joins in the singing.

Swedish people who have no intention of coming to the ground or promoting the club and who do nothing but snipe about the English though? They can f*** off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Albion Roar did a Ronald special last week. Despite Ady’s brilliant grasp of accents, Brian Owen was brought in to do an additional podcast in Spanish whilst translating the original one to English - Mac style.

Ronald often gets a warm welcome at games from other fans and certainly seems to be a bit of a cult hero for our younger supporters. I hope Barbs throws a ticket his way for the players awards at the end of the season as I’d love to see that vlogged.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good response. The negativity was driven mostly by one poster presumably on some kind of wind up (and not a Brighton fan anyway). General view is overwhelmingly positive.

Ronald is a football tourist who’s become our pet Ecuadorian……one of my former colleagues in Mexico (with an Ecuadorian wife) is avidly following him now after I sent him a link (and he’s an Arsenal fan). Her family love watching them.

Glad the club have sorted him a ticket or two - the free and effective exposure he’s getting is worth it.

#TeamRonald.

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
Did he ’do’ Boremuff?

Love his vlogs/vids/whatever and long mat they continue. As others have said, he raises the profile of BHAFC so think the club should ensure he gets tickets when required.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve used player comps back in the day. When football was less glamorous and we took hundreds away, rather than thousands, the players would often have spares. I got a spare off Larry May at Birmingham because we happened to get to the ground at the same time as the players’ coach, Jock the kit man was often good for comps and I worked with Ian Chapman’s Mrs so that was another source.

I agree we can’t be gatekeeping and, for the moment, it’s great to see Japanese and Ecuadorian fans in The Amex. We do need to make sure it doesn’t affect the atmosphere and disadvantage long term Brighton fans though (who are unlikely to get a ticket from a foreign player). And Ronald goes to every game now and joins in the singing.

Swedish people who have no intention of coming to the ground or promoting the club and who do nothing but snipe about the English though? They can f*** off.
When I travelled on the Costa coach to Yeovil, we stopped to pick up Russel Slade’s son. A lovely lad. He had four comps with him, so we treated ourselves to two seats instead of standing with the ‘rabble’ behind the goal. :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The replies to Ronald's tweet are full of "them" and "they".
Put ‘them’ straight if you can. Hate to think the whole forum gets a bad rep from one posters’ opinions.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was at Plymouth for the 1-0 Zamora goal that clinched promotion, and at Carlisle a week later for the 0-0 that clinched the title. I know the score.
Umm...I missed this thread first time around.

Above is why this poster is clearly a WUM. WTF was he, a scarf-wearing Spus fan, doing taking tickets from BHAFC fans for those games?

You gotta larf. The muppet has done EXACTLY what he now accuses Ronald of doing; "stealing tickets" from genuine BHAFC fans.

It would be quite funny were it not for the fact that his comments have clearly upset Ronald and "brought NSC into disrepute". Thread ban??

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Umm...I missed this thread first time around.

Above is why this poster is clearly a WUM. WTF was he, a scarf-wearing Spus fan, doing taking tickets from BHAFC fans for those games?

You gotta larf. The muppet has done EXACTLY what he now accuses Ronald of doing; "stealing tickets" from genuine BHAFC fans.

It would be quite funny were it not for the fact that his comments have clearly upset Ronald and "brought NSC into disrepute". Thread ban??
I was in the Lyndhurst that day at Plymouth, and from memory Brighton didn’t sell out at Carlisle. Good try though.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Jesus, he went to one game when he was doing the rounds of PL games and grounds. Now he seems to be hooked on the Albion. Not a fan of vloggers particularly but he seems like a lovely guy too. Get off your high horse (and very rich for someone who was in the Spurs end at Leicester yesterday ffs)
He is a lovely guy. I was sat a couple of seats from him today and we had a chat. He goes about his vlogging very quietly … not like some I’ve seen. He was very much into watching the game and seeing him celebrate with us all when Caicedo made that last ditch tackle in the first half … when Caicedo then roused us lot behind the goal was superb.

Personally, the individual calling Ronald ‘Roland Rat’ and keeps going on and on about it … needs to see someone about his anger issues!!

Roland has seen those comments on here … which isn’t really very nice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here