Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald does palace

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Top man.

And believe it or not, my opinions are quite literally backing actual Brighton and Hove Albion fans.
I get that you're backing our fans, and yeah obviously I want to see proper BHA fans attending games, but there's no need to be calling him Roland Rat/Palace Rat (which he isn't) etc like a 12 year old - clearly he's loving going to Albion games this season and has built up friendships with lots of our fans who recognise him home and away

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I get that you're backing our fans, and yeah obviously I want to see proper BHA fans attending games, but there's no need to be calling him Roland Rat/Palace Rat (which he isn't) etc like a 12 year old - clearly he's loving going to Albion games this season and has built up friendships with lots of our fans who recognise him home and away
Fair.

I’m fighting a losing battle to be fair. Just doesn’t sit right with me someone once in a Palace scarf should be in the Albion away end at Palace.

Geniunely not digging Brighton or Brighton fans out at all. Amazed I got such a comeback.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly. I was on the trainload that he shows at the start of the video and told him it was good to see him. A lot of NSK and “lads” around us doing the same because they recognise him from the NS.

But the point is the points system is designed to reward long term fans AND newer ones who make an effort, otherwise everyone in the away end would be over 40. One group isn’t excluded for the other. But if Palace is the only away you want to do, that’s not going to happen. Put in a few longer aways and it will.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
I have to admit. How does he have enough loyalty points to be in tier 1 after 1 season? I had 345 loyalty points and that was averaging 8 or 9 away a season for years. Tier 1 is about 280 loyalty points. Impossible for him to get them that quickly.
Probably gets his tickets as a comp from the club or Ecuadorian players.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have to admit. How does he have enough loyalty points to be in tier 1 after 1 season? I had 345 loyalty points and that was averaging 8 or 9 away a season for years. Tier 1 is about 280 loyalty points. Impossible for him to get them that quickly.
Probably gets his tickets as a comp from the club or Ecuadorian players.
He won’t be in T1…….hence scrambling for a Palace ticket a few days ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
He won’t be in T1…….hence scrambling for a Palace ticket a few days ago.
Singles were coming back up. I was checking for Stoke details and the “buy” button was active for one or two tickets a couple of times. There were also empty seats near us (block R back tier). Probably people bunking in with mates though, which might explain how a kid my boy knows got taken out after the goal bundle looking pretty dazed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Singles were coming back up. I was checking for Stoke details and the “buy” button was active for one or two tickets a couple of times. There were also empty seats near us (block R back tier). Probably people bunking in with mates though, which might explain how a kid my boy knows got taken out after the goal bundle looking pretty dazed.
Probably….although presumably still ‘sold out’ at T2 or 3 so would need to be in those to be able to buy them. As usual quite a few grouped up and/or relocated from the laughable ‘restricted view’ seats in the rear blocks.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Should I just pop in the Grenny and ask for “Darren the Spurs fan”?

:wink: :moo:
You’re bringing back memories now, met a young lady on west streets years back and arrange for a second date at her local on a Sunday, kin ell the whole extended family were there for lunch. No swift exit as every door was covered

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Probably….although presumably still ‘sold out’ at T2 or 3 so would need to be in those to be able to buy them. As usual quite a few grouped up and/or relocated from the laughable ‘restricted view’ seats in the rear blocks.
Don’t blame them. Mine “wasn’t” restricted view

EFF5B19F-938D-4AE1-A05C-4B734877712F.jpeg

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
You’re bringing back memories now, met a young lady on west streets years back and arrange for a second date at her local on a Sunday, kin ell the whole extended family were there for lunch. No swift exit as every door was covered
You leave the Grenadier alone Sir.

Yes, the women can spit further than the blokes, and yes, you have to wipe your feet on the way out.

But it’s ours :lolol: :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh come on Daz.
I was at Plymouth for the 1-0 Zamora goal that clinched promotion, and at Carlisle a week later for the 0-0 that clinched the title. I know the score. This fanbase cannot be letting Palace scarfers in there away ends .. you know that deep down but you’ll disagree with me, because like Swansman, that’s the fashionable thing to do.

I’m on your side here.

I’ve been to the Amex 3/4 times as an away fan and the home atmosphere is like a morgue. No disrespect but it is.

But the pushback I’m getting from allowing Roland Rat into the away end I finally understand why.
I've got an even bigger willy than you. I've seen the Albion play over 200 away matches on 90 odd grounds. If Ronald has the points, then I have no issue with him having a ticket. He's very entertaining and fun to watch.

He's hardly a Palace 'scarfer'. Just loves going to watch footie in England. Being a shareholder with National Express, I wholeheartedly approve of his travel method too.

#TeamRonald

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I've got an even bigger willy than you. I've seen the Albion play over 200 away matches on 90 odd grounds. If Roland has the points, then I have no issue with having a ticket. He's very entertaining and fun to watch.

He's hardly a Palace 'scarfer'. Just loves going to watch footie in England. Being a shareholder with National Express, I wholeheartedly approve of his travel method too.

#TeamRonald
Cannot deny your first sentence. It’s definitely true. despite my size 12 feet I’ll give you that one.

Like I said my point is

In my opinion a Brighton fan deserves a ticket for Palace ( or any game ) over some bod from Ecuador who quite simply doesn’t give a flying f*** about BHAFC. Once Brighton sell/release the players from Ecuador the ‘vlogger’ will follow.

I grew up in Hollingdean/Hollingbury and wether it’s wrong or right we was brought up to hate any folk in Palace attire. Despite being Spurs I still hate Palace with a passion- and always will. I just don’t get how he can be so welcomed into a Brighton away end.

Losing a fighting battle though, clearly.

In a non-patronising way though, total respect for the mileage you’ve put in for the Albion. You must be close to completing the full 92!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
That ended up with me phoning the lads mum to tell her that he'd broken his collarbone after a pile-on at the bottom of the lower stand steps and was on his way to A&E in the back of an ambulance. Probably not the Saturday night either of them wanted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That ended up with me phoning the lads mum to tell her that he'd broken his collarbone after a pile-on at the bottom of the lower stand steps and was on his way to A&E in the back of an ambulance. Probably not the Saturday night either of them wanted.
Shit - hope he's ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here