Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romain Vincelot released ... and signs for Orient [merged]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Vincelot

As already pointed out, useful as utility player under 5 sub rule, but with 7 subs we have better in all positions.

Good luck to him though!

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Good luck to both thank you for your efforts while you we're wearing the blue and white

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
As already pointed out, useful as utility player under 5 sub rule, but with 7 subs we have better in all positions.

Good luck to him though!

Exactly this. With Upson joining the need for defensive cover is less pressing as well, a role he could have covered. Sad as I liked him, much like Sparrow, but not a blow to us.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Romain Vincelot

This should be a Romain Vincelot appreciation thread.

The guy was one of the best VFM signings we ever made. If he had come to the Albion in any other era, he would have played hundreeds of games and been a proper legend.

Bon Chance a le deuxieme rate clubs you end up at monsieur :bowdown:

Too right. Deserved more of a chance I felt but c'est la vie. Good luck to him. Any league one and two clubs and about half the Championship should snap him up.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Best of luck to Romain, always put his heart into every game he played in from what I saw. A very good league one player but not quite good enough for the championship imo.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I don't get it with Vincelot, he must've done something at the club, it doesn't make sense.

Are we talking about the sending off against Burnley when he hit the guy in the ribs? If so, Barnes would be in the same boat for his lunge 5 minutes later. It can't be that. Also, with Sparrow, I can't be the only person to have heard that Sparrow is a bit of a knobhead - maybe thats why he got released.

Poor Romain :(

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good for him, will be a good player for them as that is his level really.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for him, will be a good player for them as that is his level really.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Orient have a good utility player in Vincelot

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Russell Slade's made a good signing. I think they'll be a team to keep an eye on in the closing weeks of the season as Leyton Orient usually finish a season well and can move up the table.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
VINCELOT: Midfielder Romain Vincelot and defender Matt McGiveron have had their contracts terminated by mutual consent, and are free to join another club.

Very best of luck to him at the 'O's' Always gave a fair performance for us but not Championship class.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I like Vincelot. Glad he has got himself fixed up with another club.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I like Vincelot. Glad he has got himself fixed up wuth another club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here