Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Romain Vincelot released ... and signs for Orient [merged]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Vincelot

So nobody else thinks it's down to being injury prone?

No, just (and not by much) not quite up to the standard at this level.

There were times when he did OK, but perhaps Gus- who sees him in training every day- sees his limitations more than we do? He's far from crap, but my view is that he's just a tiny bit short of what we're looking for at the moment, as was Sparrow. Capable of occasional good moments, but not on a regular basis.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think I must have had a knock on the head or something. Up until he had his contract terminated I don't recall ever having heard of Matt McGiveron :blush:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Vincelot

I think I must have had a knock on the head or something. Up until he had his contract terminated I don't recall ever having heard of Matt McGiveron :blush:

Me neither. I reckon Albion made it up and everyone else is pretending to have heard of him so as not to look stupid.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

I got hit over the head with a shitty spade and have only just heard of him. We in the same "We don't have a fuckin clue who you/were are squad"

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
McGiveron who cares seriously

Vincelot was utility through and through but surely this means Gus is confident we have cover at the back. Better players on the bench so seems a good move despite him being an OK player. We no longer need OK Champ players we need good +

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
McGiveron who cares seriously

Vincelot was utility through and through but surely this means Gus is confident we have cover at the back. Better players on the bench so seems a good move despite him being an OK player. We no longer need OK Champ players we need good +

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
A player who seemed to fit in any position he was asked to play, and didn't complain about it. Always gave 100%, possibly a bit more in the Burnley game! :p

In the warm-up in the Middlesborough game last season, I seem to remember him getting the ball in the net with every shot, whereas some our players couldn't hit the proverbial barn door!

Did the broken neck scare at Gillingham scare Gus off keeping him? Could probably still do a job as a player in this squad!

Good luck wherever you go Romain :albion2:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Romain Vincelot

Don't know I'd it fixtures but vincelot contract cancelled by mutual consent .

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't know I'd it fixtures but vincelot contract cancelled by mutual consent .

If you go to search (right hand corner) and enter the word Vincelot you should be able to see the other threads.

Hope this helps.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
This should be a Romain Vincelot appreciation thread.

The guy was one of the best VFM signings we ever made. If he had come to the Albion in any other era, he would have played hundreeds of games and been a proper legend.

Bon Chance a le deuxieme rate clubs you end up at monsieur :bowdown:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This should be a Romain Vincelot appreciation thread.

The guy was one of the best VFM signings we ever made. If he had come to the Albion in any other era, he would have played hundreeds of games and been a proper legend.

Bon Chance a le deuxieme rate clubs you end up at monsieur :bowdown:

Seconded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here