Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rolf

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My mate said that there is going to be a minute silence at the game tonight for Ralph Harris….surely not it can’t possibly be allowed to happen?
Strange avatar. Someone who was prosecuted for gross indecency in public toilets.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Whilst that's true, to a point, the key issue is abuse of power.

things have been getting better over the last 25-30 years . . . but too many people abuse their position. Still.

Every now and then I get really f***ing angry. . . My little brother suffered and I knew of the man, and thought he was weird, too nice . . . I was 16, by brother was only 12 . . . There are loads more locally who I'm sure have never told of their abuse, or who were involved, either or both ways. . . I can remember a few names and faces . . . Thankfully the main ****s dead too now.

Harrris Glitter and Particularly Saville need to be remembered so people learn. . . . .it's a shame more aren't held to account for aiding and abetting.
I am sorry if I offended you in the above post, but I heard these monster pray on kids around playgrounds and start grooming them there.
I have heard of football managers putting their arms around young players, this surely could be the start of grooming? I wouldn't think they have any reason to touch children like that. I wonder if football associations go around watching training session to keep an eye on these coaches or they just wait for a complaint?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I am sorry if I offended you in the above post, but I heard these monster pray on kids around playgrounds and start grooming them there.
I have heard of football managers putting their arms around young players, this surely could be the start of grooming? I wouldn't think they have any reason to touch children like that. I wonder if football associations go around watching training session to keep an eye on these coaches or they just wait for a complaint?
None taken. No problem . . .

What you heard (IMHO) is dated, shall we say. . . And the kind of generalisation offered by certain sectors of the press . . . Perhaps with an agenda. It's not the kind of subject many if any really want to study is it?!

I'm no psychologist, but aside the odd sadistic loon, thankfully a rarity, outside chuch anyway! I think you only need to look at upbringing to get a good idea . . . . The high profile 'trio' have all been shielded/protected IMO. Possibly because the perpetrators got themselves into positions whereby they could threaten, to protect themselves . . . . Which is exactly how they start . . . . project fear , if you like.

THere's nothing wrong with an arm round a shoulder, in fact its a great thing . . but you need to know its a good trusted arm. And we're back to (potantial) abuse of power . . .

Living in an increasingly challenging and divisive, insular society doesn't exactly help. . . .

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Thanks for that I was unaware of that fact when I selected the Wyngarde picture as Jason King was a favourite of mine growing up
Don't apologise. Dep S and JK were great. He was a cool dude in the style stakes.

Being a gay actor and hanging around in public toilets isn't my thing, but it didn't do George Michael much harm . . .different times

Peter Wyngarde was a strange bloke, but far more worthy and talented than many.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Thanks for that I was unaware of that fact when I selected the Wyngarde picture as Jason King was a favourite of mine growing up
The "indecency" committed by Wyngarde was consensual and was not with a minor. It was actually with a crane driver by all accounts.

As the other poster said it was no more than George Michael did which didn't harm his career, but it certainly damaged Wyngarde's because of the attitudes of the time. Homosexuality had only been legalised for less than 10 years so there was still a lot of stigma surrounding it.

I think you can reinstate your avatar without any shame.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
A bit late to the party, but

IMG-20230523-WA0005.jpg

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
The "indecency" committed by Wyngarde was consensual and was not with a minor. It was actually with a crane driver by all accounts.

As the other poster said it was no more than George Michael did which didn't harm his career, but it certainly damaged Wyngarde's because of the attitudes of the time. Homosexuality had only been legalised for less than 10 years so there was still a lot of stigma surrounding it.

I think you can reinstate your avatar without any shame.
Maybe Google Peter Wyngarde, rape, before you reinstate the avatar. It’s a song he sang by the way in 1970. Very, very creepy…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here