Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Have people forgotten how shit we were with both Ince and Andrews? In the most important game of the season I'd prefer to play the player with over 75 Premier League caps, rather than a youngster who may lose his head due to nerves. Ince on the bench as cover, with him being first choice next year.

I'd 100% start Andrews, much underrated I think in the job he does and crucial for the way we play under Oscar. I'd play Ince too though, and give him a bit more license to roam forward in the capacity of Yaya Toure. Obviously he's not near matching his quality, but if we get him running at players he'll make things happen. Especially with a creative player alongside him, be it Orlandi, March, or Lingard. Guessing he may not be fully fit hence is limited role recently so it would be a gamble to start him, but I think it would represent just the aggressive and bold move we need at home on Thursday.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think Ince is out injured but I would play March instead of Orlandi . Orlandi is out of form.

Orlandi is getting back to form. He's been out since 1st March and has now played about 150 mins in the last 2 games. He could be the key player in the remaining games as he has a good habit of 'being there' when the ball comes over.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Orlandi is getting back to form. He's been out since 1st March and has now played about 150 mins in the last 2 games. He could be the key player in the remaining games as he has a good habit of 'being there' when the ball comes over.[/QUO
I think this was OG's plan all along, to get Orlandi fit to play the last two games of the season to bring him up to speed ready for the playoff legs and then hopefully to mesmerize the opposition in the playoff final.THE POOR FOOLS THEY WONT KNOW WHATS HIT THEM!!! oh well i can dream.

Feb 3, 2013
I actually thought he looked pretty dangerous against Yeovil, though granted he should have scored at least one of the two very good chances he had. Wouldn't be disappointed if March started over him but think Orlandi's class and invention could be crucial on Thursday and Sunday

Totally agree with this, looked dangerous against Yeovil and should have scored, I think he's a good player at home, like is lingard

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not the time for Ince to have one of his shockers

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If we start with two holding midfielders at home it sends a really poor signal. Can't believe people are seriously advocating that!!!
And Andrews is better than Rohan currently.

Academic anyway as Andrews and Andrea will definitely start. Stephens/Jake the other one.
We've gone 8 unbeaten without Ince. Why suddenly throw him back in?
Experienced heads for big games. Andrews and Orlandi therefore (with March and Kaz to come on for final 20-30)

dan4bha

Mar 27, 2014
playing Ince and Andrews this season has proven to be the slightly more defensive equivalent of Poyet playing both Hammond and Crofts last season; they both just completely nullify eachother as they are playing in eachother's space. Has to be one or the other for me.

Can only see JFC being dropped if Stephens is fit

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have people forgotten how shit we were with both Ince and Andrews? In the most important game of the season I'd prefer to play the player with over 75 Premier League caps, rather than a youngster who may lose his head due to nerves. Ince on the bench as cover, with him being first choice next year.

This is the reality. It's Ince or Andrews, with JFC or Stephens.

Ince and Andrews together hasn't worked.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is the reality. It's Ince or Andrews, with JFC or Stephens.

Ince and Andrews together hasn't worked.

Absolutely agree. We look horribly one paced when we play Andrews and Ince together. My preference would be Andrews and Stephens, with Lingard moved more central, LuaLua on the left and Buckley on the right.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Andrews and Stephens offers the best balance. JFC is a player I want to do well. He's young and has a good background. But I often feel a bit underwhelmed by his performances. It could be his age, but he seems to lack some polish and I'd like him to get more involved for longer periods of the match. Orlandi is clearly out of form and I reckon our best chance against Derby is to play a physical, pressing game. They use spaces very well and their movement creates lots of opportunities, hence the goal tally. Ince is more likely to nullify this side of their game, so he's my back up if Stephens is unfit.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens isn't fit, so he's not going to play. So the question is who is going to play -- assuming that one spot goes to Orlandi and March -- out of Andrews, JFC and Ince at home and away.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I think Ince should be on the bench. Andrews has been playing really well so he should start. And he is more experienced so will probably cope with the pressure better.

And I don't understand why people on here want to play Both Ince and Andrews. We would be losing an attacking option as neither (especially Ince) are attacking players. I'd like to see the same line up as we had against Forrest, but possibly March in for Lingard.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Andrews, Stephens, Orlandi (perhaps Forster-Caskey)

Forster-Caskey can't be ruled out because a fraction extra speed. Derby do not look that strong in midfield but I think Will Hughes is faster than he looks. Forster-Caskey and Orlandi might be the only two that can match him.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Andrews, Stephens, Orlandi (perhaps Forster-Caskey)

Forster-Caskey can't be ruled out because a fraction extra speed. Derby do not look that strong in midfield but I think Will Hughes is faster than he looks. Forster-Caskey and Orlandi might be the only two that can match him.

JFC is not particularly quick though, in fact his mobility for an otherwise very good young player, seems to be a slight weakness.

Like some others here, I would be very tempted to pick Ince this time - not as a second holding midfielder but as a more attacking player. I think we'll need his pace and power against Derby.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I thought JFC battled well in the first 60 or so minutes against Forest but couldn't quite match Stephens or Crofts for driving the team onwards from midfield.

Saying that, we did get overrun in midfield at times, so would be tempted with Ince-Andrews-Orlandi in the away leg.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
When jfc first broke in to the squad I thought he was going to be our frank lampard getting into the box late and scoring goals . But now he doesn't seem to want to take many risks . Has he had his attacking instincts trained out of him ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ince hasn't played for AGES, and not sure he will provide that cutting, defence splitting pass that Orlandi or JFC can. Put him on bench, but not straight in the team. MAYBE for the away leg, if we are a goal to the good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here