Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince up on intent to cause GBH charge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You can only be convicted of that if you knew the specifics of the case and were discussing it and maybe affecting the outcome of any trial? The fact no one on here seems to know the specifics, there is no chance of getting into trouble. I'm no lawyer btw

No one yet, no.

History suggests someone will pop up who knows something or someone, or believes they do and won't be able to resists sharing something or other.

Better safe than sorry etc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
"Plea and Trial Preparation - Case to be listed for Trial on 13-Feb-2017 - 11:06"

If that means that it's to be listed for trial at that point, presumably the trial itself will take place some time after that. This will be hanging over him for most of the season, which probably also means that clubs won't be queuing up to take him on loan (assuming that was the plan)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Surprised there is no mention of his career in that story - and that he lives in Southampton.

Doesn't look very "footballer".

616a4b1b818a0fc71741be9b60eed012.png

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I thought that but then i figured the club wouldnt have let the argus print a story like that if that were the case

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems an odd decision, given that (if he is found guilty) he may be unavailable for a while, to give him game time ahead of, say, Towell or Hall.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems an odd decision, given that (if he is found guilty) he may be unavailable for a while, to give him game time ahead of, say, Towell or Hall.

But then a bit unfair on the player to prejudge the result of any court procedure?...btw isen't Towell injured?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Towell has a knee injury which is why he hasn't played in pre-season either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Towell has a knee injury which is why he hasn't played in pre-season either.

Fair enough - I missed that somewhere. Even so, I'm surprised that Hall hasn't figured yet (I would have expected him to be ahead of Ince for the CB job last night, regardless of the accusation hanging over Ince).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought that but then i figured the club wouldnt have let the argus print a story like that if that were the case

Tommy Elphick's name was splashed all over the front page in two inch high letters when he couldn't possibly have been involved in a previous court case.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
"Plea and Trial Preparation - Case to be listed for Trial on 13-Feb-2017 - 11:06"

If that means that it's to be listed for trial at that point, presumably the trial itself will take place some time after that. This will be hanging over him for most of the season, which probably also means that clubs won't be queuing up to take him on loan (assuming that was the plan)

That's the date of the trial. Priority is, rightly, given to defendants who are on remand.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Please be aware of the possibility of contempt of court, which could lead to YOU being imprisoned, that can be caused by discussing an ongoing legal case.

It really is best NOT to speculate in any way at all.

You would only be liable to contempt of court if you were privy to the case details eg a police officer or in most cases, a journalist or news publication.

However, a greater threat would be defamation. By making malicious or misleading allegations against Rohan Ince then you could be sued. It's unlikely, but he would have a very strong case if the allegations were not upheld during the trial. You have been warned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here