Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robyn Schonhofer - Talk Sport - REMF - London Marathon

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Paid: let us know when you're plugging it on air again Robyn: I missed it last time and would like to hear you. Can you get on the breakfast show to plug it - you could race Alan Brazil to the pub!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Does this mean you can now use justgiving for any other events to do with the REMF, US? Ease of use and claiming the taxback would make this excellent, if you can! Will go and donate now. Mrs C.

(Could you also put the link on the first page initial post too?)

zego

Jul 10, 2003
I thought it would be possible to Gift Aid our donations, but found on my confirmation email that my donation showed Gift Aid is n/a

I have queried this with justgiving, not yet had explanation.

At the moment 16 donations are logged at:

http://www.justgiving.com/remf

and ALL show Gift Aid n/a!

The rules are at:

http://www.justgiving.com/statements/help_pop_up/other3.asp

I can't see where we are all going wrong!

Anybody else checked up on this?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The donations will get gift aid don't worry, just waiting a tax reference and they will amend it.

Robyn

Oct 8, 2003
London
Hey guys.

Thanks for your donations so far. The figure just keeps going up and up. I'm starting to get donations offline too so will add them to the figure.

My training day with professional runner Liz Yelling went really well and I got lots of helpful tips like necking carbo gels every 45 minutes to make sure I don't hit the wall. Also if any of you lads are planning to do the marathon in the future then make sure you cover your nipples and wear Speedo's! Everyones heard of joggers nipple (ouch) but apparantly Speedo's are the perfect long distance running pant for you lads as they whip away the sweat and keep you nice and dry!

Anyways I'm off on holiday next week. Fear not I will be training while I'm Stateside! Keep those pledges coming and please spread the word!

Rxx :D

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There's always something about joggers nipple that makes me :laugh:
Don't know why!

Anyway, my donation will be paid on the night with interest. I'm not that keen on using my card on any website now.

Enjoy your hols.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
The donations will get gift aid don't worry, just waiting a tax reference and they will amend it.

Doesn't quite explain why 17th donor, logged just yesterday, already shows Gift Aid credited.

Still 16 of us waiting for our credits to be listed.

Still waiting for response to my email to justgiving.

Robyn

Oct 8, 2003
London
I believe we may have to claim the gift aid ourselves on those donations made before they got the right tax details. Fear not every effort will be made to reclaim the money and there's no reason why it can't be reclaimed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gift aid was not initially shown as they needed some details from the accountant. Justgiving set the site up and confirmed that gift aid would be claimed on the donations made prior to having this so do not worry , I am writing to see if they can show the gift aid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 77 should be added to the total for gift aid. This makes £ 478 as at now.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
£ 77 should be added to the total for gift aid. This makes £ 478 as at now.

They 'should' also tell their helpdesk what is going on - today they still haven't/will not explain how my donation said Gift Aided on web confirmation, but then n/a on email confirmation, and REMF page still none for donation 7th March and earlier.

Haven't said to me anything about adding back the Gift Aid to the early donations.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Robyn,

would there be any chance of the golfing fraternity at Talksport entering a 4-ball in the REMF Charity Golf Day at Mid-Sussex G.C. on Friday 13th June?

It would be something else if a team of presenters/technicians could be persuaded to have a superb day's golf with us.

Tony.....

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also Robyn, please can you attend the REMF 7 game at Lewes FC on Friday 11th April

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I'll be pledging £20. Good luck Robyn (it's an admirable challenge you've undertaken there)...also would like to say it's great to have a vocal Albionite on national radio...:love:...but can't you lock Mike Parry and Terry Christian away in a dark (soundproof) cupboard somewhere? :mad::censored: They're unbearable! :rant::rant:

Now paid! Any joy locking up the buffoons, yet, Robyn? ;)

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Gift aid was not initially shown as they needed some details from the accountant. Justgiving set the site up and confirmed that gift aid would be claimed on the donations made prior to having this so do not worry , I am writing to see if they can show the gift aid.

justgiving's only reaction to the missing GiftAid on my donation was an offer to return the donation - accepted and received.

In my exchange of emails with justgiving they don't give the same hope of a correction that it seems REMF have been given.

I will be re-donating, by cheque, snail-mail, and downloaded Gift Aid form - a bit last year! but a bit more efficient for REMF - no commission to website.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks zego. I am on to them re the gift aid and will not let it drop. If worst case scenario I will make up the shortfall myself.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Thanks zego. I am on to them re the gift aid and will not let it drop. If worst case scenario I will make up the shortfall myself.

I don't see why you should!

My point with them was that my donation met the requirements for Gift Aid published on their website, and there was no indication given that there was an over-riding exclusion.

It seems to me, as a layman, that the contract for a donation is between the donor visiting their website, and justgiving. They take a commission for handling the payments, and getting it right.

Perhaps someone with expertise could advise you.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I am sure a number of you will have seen the piece in the programme plugging this, which is great. For those of you who haven't I feel duty bound to report the following quote from Robyn:
"I've a body built for sitting on the sofa eating chocolate not running 26 miles on a Sunday morning. But I'm only 30, healthy and running would help tackle my wobbly bits!"
I also feel duty bound to offer that should Robyn ever require Company sitting on a sofa eating chocolate and tackling her wobbly bits then there will be no shortage of offers from this Board. Failing that, there is only one other acceptable NSC response....
Pics?
PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here