Lancing
£ 262.44 running total

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
£25 from me.

How do I pay, or did I miss the instructions?

I think we're waiting for a JustGiving page to be set up, then people will be able to donate directly (as well as give their tax back etc).

Which is why I'm not entirely sure why US is keeping a tally right now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct, should have it sorted by next week.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF is now registered with just giving but I have a raft of forms to complete and send to them first. I will get his done this week and hope to have a working link by next week for people to convert their pledges into hard cash.

We also hope to have a basic remf website up and running by the end of this month.

In the meantime please keep the pledges coming.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
The REMF is now registered with just giving but I have a raft of forms to complete and send to them first. I will get his done this week and hope to have a working link by next week for people to convert their pledges into hard cash.
We also hope to have a basic remf website up and running by the end of this month.

In the meantime please keep the pledges coming.

All the publicity should be good for raising funds, so having a REMF website (independent of NSC, as REMF is itself) will be particularly important.

The justgiving website – www.justgiving.com – seems a very good choice for collecting donations, much better than a number of other such sites.

Many donors whose interest has been raised will want a bit more info about the funds activities, before making a donation.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be much on the web, outside NSC, that is very up-to-date. The statement of objects on the REMF page on the Charity Commissioners website is clear enough, but of course doesn’t convey how the funds have been applied over the years.

That page could do with some updating as well – still showing www.remf.net as the website, though for a long time it has been squatted by someone with no connection with REMF. It may not yet be time to amend to a new site, but presumably it could be deleted straight away – it doesn’t give a good impression.

The REMF charity correspondent is listed as a firm of accountants – could they be encouraged to get the accounts up-to date as well?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for your comments which I take on board. I have had confirmation that we hope for the new website to be running by the end of next week in a basic format initially and we have a new website address which we have applied for. Details to folllow next week.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I have been inspired by seeing the pictures of where the money goes to help orphans in Africa. Good luck Robyn, £20 from me - will someone let me know how to get it to Robyn?

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I have been inspired by seeing the pictures of where the money goes to help orphans in Africa. Good luck Robyn, £20 from me - will someone let me know how to get it to Robyn?

I'm assuming that countrygull has seen the "REMF - Coaching for Hope" thread where there is the 'photo of the REMF logo'ed shirt being worn by a local girl in Burkina Faso.

Knowing that this has helped to get another pledge makes all the hard graft worthwhile.

Thanks countrygull, I'm sure Gareth will have full instructions about payments available soon.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry guys but setting up the justgiving is a long process, I have to register, forms are sent to me, I have to complete them all and they need 2 signatories. I have done everything and the forms are with the other director at the moment as he lives in Dorset. I hope to have the forms back early next week and will forward immediately to just giving and ask them to set it up urgently. Should be running end of next week I hope. Also the website in a basic format should be running by mid/late Feb.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 307.44 pledged

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A bus stopped outside my office (site hut) in Saltdean this morning and there was Ms Shonhofer smiling in at me in supersize on the side of the bus!

In celebration, I shall donate some of my hard-earned once the Just Giving page is up and running.

Robyn

Oct 8, 2003
London
Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know that I'll be on air talking about my bid to run the Marathon on Sunday at some point between 11:30am and Midday.

talkSPORT 1089am/1053am
Freeview 723
Virgin 927
Sky 0108

Am planning to talk about REMF but Mike Parry is presenting and it may be hard to get a word in edgeways!

Rxx

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Robyn

I am still wating for the form back but should have it early next week and will forward and ask them to do it urgently to get it up an running by the end of next week.

Thanks.

Gareth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here