Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto pre match press conference

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Great, stuff, massively impressed by his English already! Like his Solly appreciation, a few on here should take note of that.

Also love the response and look of disdain he gave the journalist who asked that idiot question about asking Pep Guardiola how to beat Liverpool. Don't know why they ask these type of questions, JC the same with his Klopp question, boring and a total waste of time.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I really have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Should be exciting either way.

Very interesting that he singled out Solly like that. Especially after that training video of him pushing Solly. Guess he really thinks there is something more to get out of him?

Potterball with an ever increasing amount of Zerbification

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This is a hilarious thread. The jokes, the tantrums, love it. Well done, lads :lolol: :thumbsup:

A propos Solly, I was watching the England games last week and suddenly a thought popped into my head: 'Solloy would be an upgrade, out there on the left*'.

And I don't have any particular axe to grind, being a big fan of Southgate.

*or right.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Interesting tomorrow. On our day we can give them a game and beat them. You hope that the new manager may get and extra few % out and that gives us a real chance.

As always , will need some luck.

Liked the interview. Not expecting any thing different but think from Spurs may see the odd thing.

We can get a point. I'd happily accept a good performance even if lose for a change if players show good unity and a real fighting desire.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
De Zerbi's interview technique is already light years ahead of Liz Truss's. For a start, he answered all the questions.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is impressive. His press conferences will be entertaining I think. In Italy, the football journalists and fans have a much greater appreciation for tactics on the pitch than English football journalists and fans generally so their press conferences are usually quite entertaining and enlightening with intelligent questions asked and answered. I don't think it will be long before he gets frustrated with the mundane and quite frankly stupid questions he will be asked here.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Made it very clear that he sees March as a key player. That'll upset a few on here.

Perhaps the fact that pretty much all of our managers have held him in that regard suggests they might know better

Yes, that was a really interesting insight in how he operates. I view it that they will both be working together to insert the missing piece into the jigsaw that is Solly. Solly + goals is a CL standard player. At the moment, without goals, he's a mid-table PL player, which is some achievement in itself. He can do it, but something psychological needs to change, and this is RDZ's first move in attempting to bring that about.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
He says he has been spending time under water. That is ridiculous! He has either been swimming in the sea, profoundly dangerous with sewage issues or he has been off to the King Alfred for a wee dip. Ridiculous, he should have been at the training ground! De Zerbi out!:)

TNBA

TTF
Yeah, that's how I remember the King Alfred as well!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Regarding Solly... there's no chance a football manager wouldn't think highly of him, he is a very good footballer, arguably his great versatility has somewhat hampered his reputation. If he had kept playing as LWB, like two seasons ago, I think he'd be in contention for the English NT. But he wants to play on the right wing and when it comes to the England team, that obviously increases the amount and level of competition into making it tough to believe he could actually make it in there. Would be lovely to see though. I made a throw-away predicition for Solly to be in the WC squad, but obviously very unlikely now since GS decided not too look at options and candidates when picking his last squad.

He is impressive. His press conferences will be entertaining I think. In Italy, the football journalists and fans have a much greater appreciation for tactics on the pitch than English football journalists and fans generally so their press conferences are usually quite entertaining and enlightening with intelligent questions asked and answered. I don't think it will be long before he gets frustrated with the mundane and quite frankly stupid questions he will be asked here.

Agree, but he will have to learn. Say anything that could - with a lot of effort and "creativity" - turned into a controversial headline and the British press will be on it in a different way than Italian press would. You get punished if you say interesting things in English football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, that was a really interesting insight in how he operates. I view it that they will both be working together to insert the missing piece into the jigsaw that is Solly. Solly + goals is a CL standard player. At the moment, without goals, he's a mid-table PL player, which is some achievement in itself. He can do it, but something psychological needs to change, and this is RDZ's first move in attempting to bring that about.
Couldn't you say that about any player if they start scoring goals regularly in the PL? Undav 20 goals CL quality, Mitoma 15 goals CL quality.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Change the record

If he scored a hat-trick or a last minute winner tomorrow you would still be moaning. Get off his back.
The quote was nothing to do with March, more the reasoning if a player was really good he would be champions league quality. You could say the same about any player.
Anyway to answer your quote unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here