Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roberto Firmino on a free?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't seem like our type of signing does it. Big wages would mean a no for starters, but I certainly wouldn't be against it if it was even possible.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
are you saying coming to Brighton would not be playing in a good team ???
No. We are good. of course we are.
I should have written “an outstanding Liverpool” team.
I guess you've never taken the time to really watch him play if you think he was never that good. Have a look at this lot.

That Liverpool team with Salah, Mane and Firmino was one of the best Premier League sides ever.
Firmino is (or was) a very good player but not an elite one. mane (for a brief period) and Salah were on a different level To him. That is purely subjective though.
Your vid doesn’t work but I’m guessing it shows him scoring some great goals. That would not disprove my point though. The Derry Pele had an outstanding showreel, as did CMS.
Our forward options are fine as they are, without a diminished Firmino.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't know one Liverpool supporter who hasn't said that Firminho was an absolute lynchpin in that team when they were at their peak.

A true winner, an absolute professional - and can teach the youngsters so much. And remember, we're a club that's all about youth and development.

Wages may well be an issue though, granted.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No. We are good. of course we are.
I should have written “an outstanding Liverpool” team.

That Liverpool team with Salah, Mane and Firmino was one of the best Premier League sides ever.
Firmino is (or was) a very good player but not an elite one. mane (for a brief period) and Salah were on a different level To him. That is purely subjective though.
Your vid doesn’t work but I’m guessing it shows him scoring some great goals. That would not disprove my point though. The Derry Pele had an outstanding showreel, as did CMS.
The showreel can indeed flatter to deceive. However there's a big difference in playing at the highest level for the league champions showreel and playing for Peterborough in the third division showreel.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know one Liverpool supporter who hasn't said that Firminho was an absolute lynchpin in that team when they were at their peak.

A true winner, an absolute professional - and can teach the youngsters so much. And remember, we're a club that's all about youth and development.

He’s had his tax-free year in Saudi on a colossal wedge, maybe he’s less focused on money now :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was a bugger when him and Klopp went clubbing in Liverpool, especially when they turned on the strobe lights 😳

I don't think having dazzlingly white veneers makes you particularly stand out in Liverpool.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
In our first season in the PL that Liverpool front line with Firminho in it was the most terrifying thing I’ve seen during a live game…….every time they burst forward I thought they were going to score.

Sorry people, it's got to be said.....WHO?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
If it wasn’t for wages (which I expect are huge) I’d say this would be outstanding move, his false 9 role at Liverpool made Salah and Mane better player. He could so much more space for our inverted wingers to run into the box. He’s not a player who is not reliant on speed so age shouldn’t affect him as much as others. id see him as an upgrade on Lallana, helping coach the young players whilst on pitch

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sorry people, it's got to be said.....WHO?
572ab96ce5678cd7518d7f12eeef4f08.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Firmino brought much more than just goals. What made him stand out was his touch, technique and football intelligence.

If he's still got the legs and won't break the bank, I'm in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Firmino brought much more than just goals. What made him stand out was his touch, technique and football intelligence.

If he's still got the legs and won't break the bank, I'm in.
This - if anything I would argue he was slightly underrated in his time at Liverpool. He was a huge part of the reason Salah and Mane looked so good back then.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The most intelligent striker in the PL for a number of years. Spaces he took up, movement, passing, skill and knew where the net was. Not the best finisher in the PL for sure but as a number 9 I think he was overall the best. He could teach Pedro and Ferguson so much about being a central front man on their own - both would be better players for it.
Can’t believe we would match his wages even at 32 but I’d be delighted if he was here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here