Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberto Di Matteo

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being friends with Gus stopped him from applying a year ago, apparently.

But it's now a year later and everyone's moved on.

I think that they are quite good mates still?
I don't think it matters if they're good friends, there's a huge difference between taking the job immediately after Gus was sacked, and a year later now that Gus has moved on to better things.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
If he was getting a hundred and fifty K a week off chelsea, and managed in the champions league final, would he not be out of our price range a little?
It'd be super but seems unlikely.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Maybe he was there to pick up the last of Gus' personal items?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Damn shame there's no workable phone signal at the Amex.
there is mate
but those who see these guys are so busy wetting themselves they forget they even have a phone :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I don't think it matters if they're good friends, there's a huge difference between taking the job immediately after Gus was sacked, and a year later now that Gus has moved on to better things.

... and since Gus has dropped his legal proceedings. Besides loyalty to Gus, I'm sure that RDM recognises that there are flaws to his character, and that stuff sometimes happens.
Not sure if I'm more excited about the prospect of RDM or Hyypia.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Best name amongst an average list . WBA , saints more attractive though so if they want him then we won't get him

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If he was getting a hundred and fifty K a week off chelsea, and managed in the champions league final, would he not be out of our price range a little?

If he wants to work somewhere again, very few clubs would be able to afford those type of wages.

Personally if I were on £150K p/w I would have a fair ammount put aside as a pension and when the company dispensed with my services I would never need to work again.

Dec 29, 2011

He wasn't on £150k/week. Managers don't get nearly as much as players. Moyes was on about £90k/week at United who probably pay some of the top salaries in the game.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Best name amongst an average list . WBA , saints more attractive though so if they want him then we won't get him

He was sacked by West Brom, and replaced by Michael Appleton.

If that's not a kick in the teeth, I don't know what is. He won't be going back there.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Maybe all of these 'prospective managers' are doing the Amex tour. I imagine the Harvey's brewery is long since over-subscribed at this time of year so where else can they go?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If he wants to work somewhere again, very few clubs would be able to afford those type of wages.

Personally if I were on £150K p/w I would have a fair ammount put aside as a pension and when the company dispensed with my services I would never need to work again.

Was he not being paid the length of his contract but could not take another job hence his absence from the game?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Was he not being paid the length of his contract but could not take another job hence his absence from the game?

Not a clue.

I was mearly stating that if I were on £50K per week as a player, then £150k per week as manager (figures I have taken from other posters) I would not be bothered about jumping down a division to get work. I would retire and spend my time between the beaches of Thailand and UK.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He wasn't on £150k/week. Managers don't get nearly as much as players. Moyes was on about £90k/week at United who probably pay some of the top salaries in the game.

Ferguson was on over £5m a year which is probably more than the average but less than the likes of Rooney and RVP. Bear in mind that Bridge was on about £80k a year at City.

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
I read it here about the oodles of money

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ea-paying-Roberto-Di-Matteo-130-000-week.html

Roberto Di Matteo is still being paid £130,000 a week by Chelsea despite being sacked 12 months ago.

The Italian was unable to reach a settlement with owner Roman Abramovich on his three-year deal when he was fired six months after winning the Champions League as interim boss.
Di Matteo has already banked almost £7million and will continue to pick up the king-sized salary until June 2014, meaning he is reluctant to take on another job for less money.

I wouldn't work again either but some people eh!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I read it here about the oodles of money

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ea-paying-Roberto-Di-Matteo-130-000-week.html

Roberto Di Matteo is still being paid £130,000 a week by Chelsea despite being sacked 12 months ago.

The Italian was unable to reach a settlement with owner Roman Abramovich on his three-year deal when he was fired six months after winning the Champions League as interim boss.
Di Matteo has already banked almost £7million and will continue to pick up the king-sized salary until June 2014, meaning he is reluctant to take on another job for less money.

I wouldn't work again either but some people eh!

so free to start work now then

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Best friends with Gus, not going to happen

I never believe that sort of stuff, and more than Gooners saying Bergkamp won't be assistant at Spurs because of his Arsenal connection.

At the end of the day, if someone wants a career in management, they take the opportunity when it comes up, if they feel it's a good career move. At the moment RDM is getting towards the length of time out of management that means you don't come back at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here