Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberto Di Matteo

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let's hope the bookies have got this one right.

but the bookies dont get it right, they respond to bets being laid. if a dozen Brighton fans put £20 they'd slash the odds in case, then another few punters follow the money, so they cut further... odds reflect the punters (mis)judgements. they had Redknapp odds on to go for England didnt they, and countless other wrong calls.

weepete

Sep 22, 2011
I once met Di Matteo when I was working on Cafe Montpeliano on the Brompton Road in London. This was about 18 years ago when he used to have dinner there with Zola. I was working as a waiter. On seeing him arrive I put my hand out to shake his hand. He put his coat over my arm to hang up. I still chuckle about it.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I once met Di Matteo when I was working on Cafe Montpeliano on the Brompton Road in London. This was about 18 years ago when he used to have dinner there with Zola. I was working as a waiter. On seeing him arrive I put my hand out to shake his hand. He put his coat over my arm to hang up. I still chuckle about it.

What a prick. Hate ppl that think they are better than others. I'd have gobbed in his food...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What a prick. Hate ppl that think they are better than others. I'd have gobbed in his food...

waiter holds out hand to patron... what you think the normal expectation is here? or do regualrly shake hands with the waiter and waitress when you go out to dinner?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The history books show RDM won the champions league. But we all know it was the Chelsea clan that clubbed together to play for Robbie as they called him. John Terry standing on the sidelines in his shorts screaming out instructions as I remember it. What other manager would have let him do that....After the events of the last few days I would think we want a clean break from any connection with Poyet, let alone appoint one of his best mates.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The history books show RDM won the champions league. But we all know it was the Chelsea clan that clubbed together to play for Robbie as they called him. John Terry standing on the sidelines in his shorts screaming out instructions as I remember it. What other manager would have let him do that....After the events of the last few days I would think we want a clean break from any connection with Poyet, let alone appoint one of his best mates.

I always thought, after AVB trying to change the team/squad (with the owners initial blessing), the senior players ran the show and they had a good enough team to win through, albeit with some good fortune. I didn't think RDM had much to do with it, other than let them get on with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here