Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully RDM, gets my vote

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Stuck a tenner on him at 8/1 yesterday plus a £10 double on him coming and GUS going to Everton at orignal odds. Printing money

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm very underwhelmed by Di Matteo. He didn't improve Chelsea's league form on taking over from AVB, indeed it worsened, and Chelsea were continually outclassed across Europe while he was there, hilariously fluking a CL. Did well in the FA Cup.

He did get WBA promoted, which is a big plus, though most do, as it is a very big club in the Championship. WBA were appalling under him in the premier league and he was rightly sacked.

He's an okay manager, but not much more in my opinion, which is of course all it is. I didn't rate Chelsea's football under him either. Little cohesion but bailed out by top top players providing moments of inspiration and so so much luck.

I'd be very surprised if Napoli, or anyone of that level, go for him and I'd be disappointed if we did.

Really, if his record at Chelsea is the main push for Di Matteo, one might as well go for Avram Grant, just make sure Drogba rather than Terry takes the final penalty.

I agree. Yes he's got a great CV, but I would see RDM as a step backwards personally.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would Mrs Poyet be interested in the job? Surely the next best thing to Prostitute Poyet himself as she must have picked up a few tips while slaving over chivito sandwiches in the kitchen chez Poyet, him in the lounge on the dog to Charlie and Tanno every evening, Diego up in his room 'making his mess' or responding to abusive tweets.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Yes because a manager who's won the Champions league is taking a step back, maybe you would prefer to get alan curbishley or darren ferguson?

Happy to be proved wrong though! There are no other realistic manager targets that stand out. I'd like a manager who can continue to instil a passing attractive style. Not totally convinced RDM would be the person to do that.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If RDM is that special why haven't other clubs been tripping over each other to sign him as manager? Why is it that a manager with a Champs League win on his CV can't get a decent job since?

OK most people would recognise that RDM was only 'caretaker' at Chelsea and that the team he inherited was probably already motivated to show they were better than under AVB. Yes he has WBA on his CV but I'm still a bit wary of his managerial credentials, let alone that he is pals with Poyet, which isn't ideal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here