Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We brought it Dahoud and Fati to fix the midfield issue, both De Zerbi choices, they flopped hard. We had Lamptey but it's taken a while for everyone to realise he's shit, nobody had an issue with him at the beginning of the season. A lot of our injuries came from training. I think he's another Bielsa who pushes his players too hard in training which causes too many injuries.
Fati is not a midfielder, Dahoud is a luxury player who is too lightweight for the Premier League,
Both were free transfers, Fati started to play well in Europe then got injured, Lamptey has lost his pace , that was his main strength,
how do you know what have caused all the injuries, are you a doctor?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Except we conceded a lot less
Had us, for a time, scoring a lot more though.

scoring.png

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I wonder what would have happened on here if instead of RDZ leaving “by mutual wankoff” or whatever it is, if Chelski had poached him?

Probably a lot less “good riddance” and more “oh my god what a travesty”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lacking a defensive skillset, in the Bundesliga he was described as fulfilling a Gundogan role. Played further upfield.

Whereas Biss, Caicedo, Mac, Wharton, Endo etc etc can tackle and close down in their sleep.
But still a central midfielder

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
how do you know what have caused all the injuries, are you a doctor?

Exactly! The insistence that RDZ caused all the injuries by his training regime is ridiculous, when our medical department upped and left in August (and are only going to be adequately replaced ready for next season).

In a squad of 20, 7 players (one third) were aged over 32, add to that those with a history of frequent injuries (Lamptey, Webster) and players coming back from injury (Moder, Lamptey, Dunk, even Fati) and the teenagers whose minutes had to be managed. Plus a lack of cover in key areas - RW and LB - and extra games, there was always going to be a high chance of injuries.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But still a central midfielder

Crucially, with a lack of defensive skills.

Lallana, Buonotte, Dahoud, Fati, Enciso all cut of similar cloth.
Milner, Gross seldom perform that role with a CM 'beast' or two behind/beside them.
Baleba a young work in progress.
Moder the long term injury.

Defensively in CM we went from a 10/10 to a turd.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
After absorbing a lot of the post-Klopp and post RDZ coverage: a thought.

Liverpool had this figure who was there for a long term, took the city to his heart, and improved the performance of the club. It was easy for Liverpool supporters to love him because he represented the club more than "John Henry" or "Fenway Sports Group" ever have. JH and FSG were content for this to happen, clearly.

I, and I suspect other Brighton fans, want a Klopp figure as manager. Someone there for a long term, that takes Sussex to his heart, and improves the performance of the club. For a time, at the height of Europa fever (the apogee of which was the "Ciao Lele" voicemail) we thought RDZ was that guy.

But Bloom and Barber want the institution of the club to represent the club in our hearts. In theory, this should be fine: they are good guys -- certainly better guys than Fenway Sports Group are. But the recent history of our club and the instinct of human emotion makes it harder for us to do that. The end goal for TB and PBOBE is to put their trust in someone enough to be the Klopp figure for Brighton and Hove Albion.

I don't know if this will ever happen.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here