Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
How long do you think we'll see Pedro in the Stripes for? He'll be gone in Summer 2025 at the latest at a nice little profit *board already rubbing hands in anticipation*

RDZ gone - the reality is that we are a mid-table Club (and will have to fight hard to sustain even that) and don’t have the finances to be much more - anyone (coach or players) who wants more will be off 😕

Numerous Coaching staff and I suspect a few ’important players’ will leave too - if we don’t have a successful transfer window, we could be even worse off by September.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He’ll lose a lot more if we get relegated, a bit more if we finish down the table and don’t get Europe and be in trouble if we can’t develop our youngsters. A manager like De Zerbi has to be seen in total cost / total income terms.
Of course.

But it's his strategy that got Albion to this fantasy position in the first place.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I am sad to hear this as I would have liked to see us under him for longer.

I reckon he has something lined up, it wouldn’t surprise me if he went to Bologna as Anita is apparently off to Juventus. Allegri getting the sack yesterday means that any in place deals can now come out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's funny how the very few of us (barring those that slag off the manager for a living) who spoke of this happening for much of 2024, and were chastised, vilified and deemed oh so wrong by the majority for doing so, yet now it seems most posters knew this was coming.

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I hoped he could stay and would be backed, but I have no idea what has happened internally in the club. We need to get someone in quickly and not allow the team to separate and discuss things with agents... and start looking for other opportunities.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does that mean he can join another club without any buy out cash incoming ?
Seems like we are giving him away and missing out on £15 million or whatever it was if true.
Over a barrel I suppose. RDZ says he'll take a break. Let's see how that pans out. Bottom line I imagine is that no matter what compensation clause you put in a contract, there's simply no point keeping a manager who's not fully committed.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We got roughly 18 months of probably the best football ever played by Brighton & Hove Albion, thank you very, very much Roberto you have given me and my daughter the best ever experiences at the Amex.

I guess it is time for us and you to move on, and progress independently so the memories don’t sour.
I’m gutted, I honestly felt sick when I saw the news.
I had been texting and trying to cheer up a friend who is at Koln today and his team are relegated with a transfer embargo until January, he is fearful they may drop through bundasliga 2, so things could be worse.

I will stay behind tomorrow and applaud you & the team.
I may even get emotional 🥲

Thank you Roberto
UTA

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I am pretty sure his next club will still have to pay us compo.
Why? If we have terminated his contract then why would be entitled to compo? There might be an agreement between the parties but doesn’t seem a great deal from RDZ point of view unless we are paying him until his next job which I very much doubt

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
When potter left I was absolutely gutted. I am mid 40s but I was genuinely sad about it and it lasted a long time. This felt inevitable and although it has been fun under RDZ I am over it already.
I am early 60s....likewise, I was really gutted when Potter left. I know this has probably been coming for a few months, but I'm still sad. RDZ is an amazing personality, and a fantastic coach. The football has been sensational at times. Although sad, I'm also immensely grateful for the past two years - they have been like no others in my life, or indeed the history of BHAFC.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
But what about the future of the flag?
Ceremonial conflagration? Or everybody takes a piece of it home, like the Goldstone nets (and the rest of the ground for that matter).
Doesn't the flag have to be fire retardant though. It might need to be a ceremonial singeing instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here