Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With some inspired lyrics that could be an excellent song for him :thumbsup:

Selhurst Park can become a bad dream, the Palace fans are all bothering me, this is my only escape from it all, watching our lads beat theirs at football! Robert De Zerbi's leading, talking Italian.

Not quite there, is it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Certainly gets stuck in :)

Seems very energetic. Seriously .................... can he play left back?

.............................. .and whose were the pink panties he was waving about in the first 30 seconds?

#Chaileyjem - we really need to know!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
He's inherited a top 4 squad :wink:

Top half will be magnificent

Not being in the bottom three will do

But a few good performances :thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
A lot of first team key players away on international duty so not much he will be able to do with them ahead of Liverpool

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Some back in training tomorrow? Trossard , lamptey , Ferguson

Sanchez , Sarmiento , caciedo Wednesday

Maccer back Thursday I guess

Not ideal.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I like how he's got the young uns in there too playing the first team.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
The crux of my point was we need to afford De Zerbi the same ups and downs that Potter had in his reign as he learnt and adjusted to the league rather than banging him over the head with Potters record in the last six months which took 2 seasons to refine to the point we have strung it together. My fear is we are going to see some unfair comparisons to De Zerbis early record with the recent peak of Potters excellent work.

This.

I have little doubt that TB is well aware of this, we, also need to be prepared to be in an unexpected relegation tussle. GP got a few reality checks and had to adapt his system for this league and I suspect some of RDZ's more risky play will see us come undone and will need to be adapted. That being said I am very optimistic for our longer term future, short term it may be a little bumpy.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Have to admit, my Albion mojo took a bit of a beating when GP left and with the extended break, it hasn't had anything to boost it, but that training vid makes me feel a whole lot better about it all again.
He looks full of energy and he is already showing that in the way the players were training. Lots of quick one touch passes, attacking moves, even Lallana looked sprightly. Loving the fact he gets stuck in with the training, clearly has an abundance of passion for the game. Looking forward to watching some footie again this weekend, let's hope the fickle fans among us allow him some time to bed in before reaching for the pitchforks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here