Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Apologies if fixtures but there is an excellent episode of The Athletic’s Football Tactics podcast dedicated entirely to De Zerbi and his tactics featuring James Horncastle. Also features Liam Tharme who works for the Athletic as a tactics expert and is also a Brighton fan (Albion Analytics).

I listen to this podcast every week and love it and would obviously highly recommend this episode!

You don’t need an Athletic subscription either.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know whether it's likely he'll be able to start working with the lads next week due to the work permit delays. Officially he still can't work at the training ground at the moment, but how long is it likely to take for him to finally get on the training pitch? I'd hope before the Liverpool game but suggestions coming out it may take another 2 weeks. Hope not.

Where has 2 weeks been suggested? The way Paul Barber was talking at the press conference it sounded more like a few days.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone know whether it's likely he'll be able to start working with the lads next week due to the work permit delays. Officially he still can't work at the training ground at the moment, but how long is it likely to take for him to finally get on the training pitch? I'd hope before the Liverpool game but suggestions coming out it may take another 2 weeks. Hope not.

I suspect he can start training immediately, just not in an official capacity and at risk of the permit being rejected. Don't think there would be any reason he couldn't effectively be taking training in a voluntary capacity until the permit is confirmed.

edit: just looked it up and I think he can work for 1 month in sporting activities without needing a Visa. So no reason he cannot be in his role now while the formal permanent permit is processed.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Apologies if fixtures but there is an excellent episode of The Athletic’s Football Tactics podcast dedicated entirely to De Zerbi and his tactics featuring James Horncastle. Also features Liam Tharme who works for the Athletic as a tactics expert and is also a Brighton fan (Albion Analytics).

I listen to this podcast every week and love it and would obviously highly recommend this episode!

Thanks. I'll listen later. Link:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...TItMGMzMS0xMWVkLTgzZWItYjcwYzMyMmExZjZi?ep=14

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Where has 2 weeks been suggested? The way Paul Barber was talking at the press conference it sounded more like a few days.

It was on the radio this morning talking out the 'B' word again talking about the country now trying to get Europeans back into the UK to get them back into the vital jobs that we can't fill. Due to large volumes of applications for posts at present they were working through a 2 to 4 week back log. With respect to Roberto, I'd be surprised if his case was given precendence over those applying for permits to work in the NHS or care. Hope we can jump the queue though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It was on the radio this morning talking out the 'B' word again talking about the country now trying to get Europeans back into the UK to get them back into the vital jobs that we can't fill. Due to large volumes of applications for posts at present they were working through a 2 to 4 week back log. With respect to Roberto, I'd be surprised if his case was given precendence over those applying for permits to work in the NHS or care. Hope we can jump the queue though.

The FA process all football work permits (or governing body endorsements as they are actually known) not a government department, this is why they don’t take as long.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...ring-to-brighton/id1488523269?i=1000580204887

phoenix

May 18, 2009
We were but I don't think Bloom will be happy if we drop 5 places on where we finished last season :shrug:

[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] put it better than me

About time you started to get over it its football. Potter left us it was his decision "Gutted" .

I also enjoyed the Potter reign was peed off but more angry to be honest. I now look forward as its a much more positive thing to do with my time, enjoy your day.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

As a skilled worker, with a job offer you can pay for a special service that can get a permit issued after 5 working days.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Not the same visa.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
70 points needed under the tory rule
20 points for a job offer
20 points for the skill level
20 points as I'm sure it will pay more than the 25.6k minimum
10 points for speaking english :moo:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Posh Spice is a slapper,
She enjoys the men of Italy,
When she's shagging Beckham,
She thinks of Roberto De Zerbi.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Posh spice is a slapper
she loves a vuvuzela
But when she's shagging Beckham
She's blowing Roberto's genitalia.......

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Posh Spice is a slapper
She has sex with the actor Branagh
And when she’s shagging Beckham
She thinks of the ex-Shakhtar manager

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here