Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Believe that you'll believe anything. TB and PB would have gone for whomever they felt was the best man for the job. He was only available because of the small issue of a war.
He may be the best manager BHA spoke to. He may be the best who applied. He may be the only manager they spoke to. Saying that. he was out of work no matter the circumstances . . . that's what I believe. I hope he's the best, as well as we all do . . . all the rest are maybes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Veltman at Disneyland - so all players got a few days off for the boss man to get his visa sorted and start work ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I feel the club has missed an opportunity to approach the very best manager they could've wanted. We are 4th in PL have played outstanding football and are admired by many in the game. I hope to be proven wrong but i'm very underwhelmed by the appointment

Why do you think we haven’t?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
First Press Conference!!!!!

"Ciao, miei piccoli amici inglesi. Sono qui per gestire la tua squadra di football e fare l'amore con delle belle donne inglesi. Mi piacciono le macchine veloci e i vestiti eleganti. Non ci saranno Mary Queens nella mia squadra. Ho portato mia mamma a cucinare per la squadra e mangeremo la pasta. Preparati per la massima eccitazione. A presto."

Not "Questi sono un bene squadra." ?

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I feel the club has missed an opportunity to approach the very best manager they could've wanted. We are 4th in PL have played outstanding football and are admired by many in the game. I hope to be proven wrong but i'm very underwhelmed by the appointment
I know a girl called Chris with a bust size of 36d - and she reckons you're shitehouse :dunce:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
dz.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well at Lloyds and HSBC in the UK we never employed anyone before they were legally entitled to work (whether paid or unpaid) but they were the only banking organisations I worked for and, as I say, it was a long time ago and maybe things have changed :shrug:

Agree….worked for both of those, plus two others. Work permit and visa requirements were rigorously adhered to globally in my experience - there were a few (legal) ways round them you could exploit from time to time (for example a temporary secondee from the UK to Hong Kong popping over to Macau for a couple of hours to renew their 90 day stay limit) but reputationally we would never knowingly break the rules.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Maybe the club didn't want to 'do' a Chelsea, and only went for out of work managers. Seems a coincident that he was chosen, and someone on this thread suggested he was the only one spoken to for the vacancy. Let's hope he's good for BHA. At least he has CL experience for when . . . I'll leave it there.

Erm, it's in the clubs announcement that he was the only one spoken to as he was target no 1 and was interested in the job.

Why speak to anyone else?

Screenshot_2022-09-19-23-49-56-04_50e47839d5b3b4cadfc5a5fcd0985b7d.jpg

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2796866

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mykhaylo Mudryk will be his first signing.

Mykola Matviyenko is another shout. A progressive left footed centre back will be needed once we send Colwill back to Potter in January.

However, in reality, it would be very surprising if we sign any of De Zerbi’s ex-players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Mykola Matviyenko is another shout. A progressive left footed centre back will be needed once we send Colwill back to Potter in January.

However, in reality, it would be very surprising if we sign any of De Zerbi’s ex-players.

Potter hardly played Colwill at the Albion so unlikely to be slotting into Chelsea’s team unless he has game time here and looks up to the step up?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I had never heard of Potter until he joined us , and look how that turned out. I trust the Chairman’s judgment. Welcome de Zerbi !
I still have reduced expectations for this season but I believe it will come good in time .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I wasn’t being serious he’s out of our league unless RDZ can convince him somehow, price tag may be to hefty though.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Erm, it's in the clubs announcement that he was the only one spoken to as he was target no 1 and was interested in the job.

Why speak to anyone else?

View attachment 151981

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2796866

I was aware he was a “good guy”, but I’ve read things this morning that cement this firmly, and which I am sure will have made him attractive as a manager to the club alongside his football qualities.

He’s obviously a man of principle, and an article from the Daily Mail (sorry) on Facebook described him as brave.
- he initially would not leave the Ukraine out of loyalty to the fans.
- he eventually wouldn’t leave until he was sure all his “frightened Brazilian” players were safe - he seems to have left at the very last moment.
- he refused to talk to Bologna about their managerial vacancy because they had sacked their previous coach, who was undergoing treatment for leukaemia for the second time in three years.

All of that seemed a bit Potteresque - BUT he is his own man, a decent man for a decent club. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here