Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus Poyet or Graham Potter? Poyet started a philosophy of having players here comfortable on the ball, and Oscar was the same. Hughton played possession stuff when it suited him in the Championship too. Dunk has been through all of those coaches as has Barber. Good technical football is paramount in the academy teams.

How many of our current squad are Poyet players? One?

Potter was able to go from plan A to B to C and the players embraced it. Poyet had plan A

Potter was bloody amazing in the way he got the players “getting” what he wanted by the time he walked away :down:

Just IMO

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I for one welcome our new Italian overlords
d2127f91002282d71e3794babb76b4cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mines a pint

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Didn't stop the messiah Bielsa at the Champions of Europe. During his entire tenure, he didn't give one interview in English.

It gave him an excuse to duck any questions that included mention of a 'Plan B'. Anyway, the Bielssiah moved in mysterious ways :mad:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Any news re back room staff….does he have an entourage in tow?

Looking to bring 7 back room staff with him apparently but TBC. Explains the Bruno thing a bit I guess

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Potter was able to go from plan A to B to C and the players embraced it. Poyet had plan A.

But what a plan A. It was the most exciting football we'd played for years! (I'll never forget the supercharged scenes of his first game and our exhilarating stuffing of Southampton, Gus on the sidelines imploring the players to 'Breathe, breathe!'). Like many of us, I was absolutely gutted when Potter left, I know nothing about our new manager, but, and assuming de Zerbi-ball is quite different to what we've become accustomed to, I have the highest of high hopes. Roll on Liverpool!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How many of our current squad are Poyet players? One?

Potter was able to go from plan A to B to C and the players embraced it. Poyet had plan A

Potter was bloody amazing in the way he got the players “getting” what he wanted by the time he walked away :down:

Just IMO

But the whole philosophy of possession football and good technique throughout the club started with Poyet. Well, it started when Bloom took over properly because it's his idea but Poyet was brought in to start it. Dunk wouldn't be playing for guys like Potter and De Zerbi without that grounding.

Potter took it to the next level without a doubt. Given our 2020/1 discussions it seems odd to say so but I was probably as gutted as you when he left as it had all gelled together finally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here